Most durable basher?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowngreen

Robmob is a Californian.
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
Haven't had a basher for many years so I'm kinda out of the loop on whats what now. A few years back i think the Arrma's where sure getting alot of positive feedback as far as overall durability, still the case? Thoughts? Suggestions?
Kinda looking at the 1/8 kraton on 6s but hows the 1/10 big rock or granite?

I would go with the Kraton. People think of a Kraton as a big air truck but they're a blast on the ground. From roosting tanbark to launch off of leaf piles, they're a blast to drive. They're reasonably fast too.

To answer your question, the toughest 1/8 truck I own is my Traxxas Sledge, the toughest 1/10 truck I own is my Tekno MT410.3. My favorite truck to drive is my Kraton 6s. My Outcast 6s is a close second.

Last edited:
I have a Granite and Kraton 6s. Can't go wrong either way imo. Granite is more a small stunt truck. K6 is just all around fun. MT10 is probably considered pound for pound toughest basher these days. If it were me I'd get the Kagama but that's because I don't have one lol.

kev talbot beat the crap outa a MT10. i may get one of those...

I just watched him finally break the MT10, that was unbelievable.

The Granite we have is a piece of crap. I regret buying it. If you're going 10th scale, I'd definitely grab the MT10. If going 8th, the Kraton. But AE also makes the MT8. I'd be curious to know how good that one is.

Last edited:
The Granite we have is a piece of crap. I regret buying it. If you're going 10th scale, I'd definitely grab the MT10. If going 8th, the Kraton. But AE also makes the MT8. I'd be curious tp know how good that one is.
Curious....what's been your issue with Granite? I've beat the living piss out of mine and only broken an a-arm and servo.
Oh and a friend destroyed a tire and body but he's an idiot so 🤷

Curious....what's been your issue with Granite? I've beat the living piss out of mine and only broken an a-arm and servo.
Every time we drive it a rear axles gets destroyed. It doesn't like grass. Too much power. It really needs different tires. But we don't even drive it much since we got the Kraton.

Every time we drive it a rear axles gets destroyed. It doesn't like grass. Too much power. It really needs different tires. But we don't even drive it much since we got the Kraton.
That's odd to me. I primarily drive in grass (mowed) and haven't had an issue. Maybe I'm lucky.

That's odd to me. I primarily drive in grass (mowed) and haven't had an issue. Maybe I'm lucky.
I will one day grab some CVD's for it, but I'm not even sure who makes good ones for it. To be honest, it's sitting under our crawler table with a dislocated axle and I just haven't felt like messing with it. I changed the rear driveshafts on it like 6 times now. Pretty much done with that turd for now.

@slowngreen - I'd actually probably be checking out a HPI Savage if I were in the market for a new basher, since I don't have one 😉

The Granite we have is a piece of crap. I regret buying it. If you're going 10th scale, I'd definitely grab the MT10. If going 8th, the Kraton. But AE also makes the MT8. I'd be curious to know how good that one is.
Hopefully they've had time to address the issues the MT8 had at intro... really weak arms, nearly every early review broke them.
I will one day grab some CVD's for it, but I'm not even sure who makes good ones for it. To be honest, it's sitting under our crawler table with a dislocated axle and I just haven't felt like messing with it. I changed the rear driveshafts on it like 6 times now. Pretty much done with that turd for now.

@slowngreen - I'd actually probably be checking out a HPI Savage if I were in the market for a new basher, since I don't have one 😉
Another reason I feel the MT10 is a good buy, the brushless model comes with CVDs... the brushed version has the plastic slider shafts though.

Hopefully they've had time to address the issues the MT8 had at intro... really weak arms, nearly every early review broke them.

Another reason I feel the MT10 is a good buy, the brushless model comes with CVDs... the brushed version has the plastic slider shafts though.
Our Granite keeps disassembling the Universal joints. I hadn't heard that about the MT8. Maybe an RPM arm swap would solve that?

All the bashers I saw mentioned are great but I don't think any of them compare to the durability of an Xmaxx. I have most of the above mentioned trucks and beat the snot outta all of them. The Xmaxx takes it the best.

I think I'm between the mt10 and the bigrock. Those if you with a big rock, what lipo you running?

I have both, running 3s 5000mah liperior's on both. The big rock has a wider stance than the mt10 giving it more ground stability and air control. I've broke far less stuff on the mt10 but I'm pretty abusive so my results are more on the kevin talbot end of the spektrum. I enjoy frequent skatepark sessions. Parts are more readily available for the big rock.