Most durable basher?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully they've had time to address the issues the MT8 had at intro... really weak arms, nearly every early review broke them.

Another reason I feel the MT10 is a good buy, the brushless model comes with CVDs... the brushed version has the plastic slider shafts though.
from what I've heard the MT10 is bad without RPM arms.

I like the idea of more stable.

from what I've heard the MT10 is bad without RPM arms
That's all I've broke are both front arms. Got replaced with rpm. The rpm arms have held up well but I didn't like that they don't allow a mounting point for the factory shock guards.

A 1/8 scale race Truggy is pretty durable. They use higher quality parts. Then again, anything with a 6s is going to get destroyed on impact.

Not that its important but thinking back, id say my favorite rigs to bash years back were a Merv and. Slash 4wd. The slash was perfect minus ground clearance.

My favorite basher is the Sledge by far. I do like the Hoss as well, on 3s. Both rigs are way cool. :cool: For on road I like the Felony, and the Lim.:thumbs-up:

I'm kinda eye balling the Typhon too. Always loved the stability of a 1/8 buggy but it looks to have more clearance and be more of a basher too rather than a racer.

I'm kinda eye balling the Typhon too. Always loved the stability of a 1/8 buggy but it looks to have more clearance and be more of a basher too rather than a racer.
It's an 8th scale buggy - there's dozens of models on the market, and I'd bet they're all pretty good. But Arrma markets aggresively to bashers. But guess what, "basher" vehicles are no tougher than a 1/8th outdoor "racer" vehicle. Just cheaper maybe. With knobbier tires and packaged RTR.

Aren't race type brands typically substantially more costly as well?

I don't mind plowing mud holes in my beat up 98 silverado, but no way am I doing it in my 18 Tundra. Same concept applies. My vanquish climbs rocks, my trx4 mobbs through creek beds, etc..

Just got back in and the wife got me a Traxxas Rustler VXL. I've never really been a fan of Traxxas, I'm looking into getting one of the Arrma 6S, I'd need to buy everything. Chargers and batteries plus truck. And depending on the model I would have to get a new receiver Since i am using a Spectrum DX5

Arrma rtr's already use spektrum radio systems. Wouldn't it be compatible?

I really like their 6s line of stuff. The kraton and outcast being my favorites.

Congrats on the rustler. I don't have one but it looks like a pretty cool platform.

I have had a few 6s bashers. I feel like 6s just goes through drivetrain stuff so quick. Hubs, pivots, drive cups. I have my eye on the new arrma mojave 4s. I feel like 4s is a good compromise for speed and durability....maybe? All really depends on how heavy your trigger finger is as well. Mine is made from lead.

I have had a few 6s bashers. I feel like 6s just goes through drivetrain stuff so quick. Hubs, pivots, drive cups. I have my eye on the new arrma mojave 4s. I feel like 4s is a good compromise for speed and durability....maybe? All really depends on how heavy your trigger finger is as well. Mine is made from lead.
Our trigger fingers are similar in that respect. I could probably make due with an on/off switch if the need arose.

I don't have any personal experience with arrma's 4s line but the majority of feedback I've seen was pretty negative. Weak esc's I believe.

With bashers, I believe the only thing that should matter is the cost of parts and the availability of the parts. They will break and they will break quite often. I would also look for something that handle the best, including best suspension. This will help cut down on crashes.

Our trigger fingers are similar in that respect. I could probably make due with an on/off switch if the need arose.

I don't have any personal experience with arrma's 4s line but the majority of feedback I've seen was pretty negative. Weak esc's I believe.
Spektrum has its moments. I went through 2 esc's and 3 motors on the fireteam, they told me they were no longer warranting it so i posted it for sale. Even after adding some jet engine fans on the motor.

I've had a few rigs on 6s and yeah tons of fun...at first but I would get tires pf destroying the drive train plus they arent that stable with all that power, for me at least.

Spektrum has its moments. I went through 2 esc's and 3 motors on the fireteam, they told me they were no longer warranting it so i posted it for sale. Even after adding some jet engine fans on the motor.
My 6s infraction did have esc failure early on. Horizon warrantied esc, servo. Receiver, and the body. The second esc is still going strong.