MGT 8.0 with LRP.32 SPEC 4 Finished :)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, today, during the break-in, the engine seized up (i think lol). It was 6-th ideling tank and max temperature was 105 degrees celsius and the fuel dose was rich as trump. Idk what wnet wrong. I returned it to local hobby shop when i bougth her šŸ˜­šŸ˜ž Any ideas? I'm sure thats not my fault. It could be a fault in the material?

It maybe that the piston is stuck in the pinch of the sleeve ,get you a heat gun
at harbor freight an preheat the engine to about 200 deg.!

It maybe that the piston is stuck in the pinch of the sleeve ,get you a heat gun
at harbor freight an preheat the engine to about 200 deg.!
Now i have to wait, maybe they will give me the new one or they will fix it, i have to buy my self a heatgun, i was using the rubber container with hot water inside to heat up the engine.

Now i have to wait, maybe they will give me the new one or they will fix it, i have to buy my self a heatgun, i was using the rubber container with hot water inside to heat up the engine.

Today's new engines have a very tight pinch in the sleeve ,an if the engine isnt pre-heated first ,the piston
can get stuck in the sleeve ,especially if it is in its up stroke when the engine dies!
A heat gun is a must ,an the engine should always be preheated to about 200 deg. an maintained at the
temp between 200 to 220 through a couple of idle break in tanks until the pinch loosens up as the piston
has to lap in to the sleeve!..:thumbs-up:

But this happened on fully working ideling engine, last temperature check was 105 degress celsius and engine stopped like it will have no fuel.

But this happened on fully working ideling engine, last temperature check was 105 degress celsius and engine stopped like it will have no fuel.

That LRP 32 was suppose to have bad craftsmanship ,what I heard from some reviews ,
like on the inside with the metal molding!..so you might want to check on that!
Some of the people that had gotten that engine ,actually sent them in to have
the issue cleaned up an modded ,most of the people that run them that you see
on Y-tube has those engines modded!
But it is still possible that the piston maybe stuck in its pinch!

ok when they didnt fix it i will try :happy:

ok when they didnt fix it i will try :happy:
You may realize this already but theyre talking 200F not 200C. I just wanted to clarify that because you're talking in C and everyone is talking in terms of F and no one made that distinction. Please dont heat it up to 200C :hehe:

You may realize this already but theyre talking 200F not 200C. I just wanted to clarify that because you're talking in C and everyone is talking in terms of F and no one made that distinction. Please dont heat it up to 200C :hehe:
I'm not that stupid :pP today I've got a call from my local hobby shop and they said that the 99% guarantee will be accepted and I will get a new engine. :D

I'm not that stupid :pP today I've got a call from my local hobby shop and they said that the 99% guarantee will be accepted and I will get a new engine. :D
lol, ok just making sure. I figured you probably realized that but I figured better safe than sorry :)

Back