Castle Mamba X 8s acting up, no throttle

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpeedmaxX

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Alright so I've hit a birck wall. My monster mamba x 8s has been nothing but a headache. Was working fine let it sit for a couple weeks waiting on gears. Installed and fired it up and it went to reversed throttle input. Next day esc went to a solid red light. Then it transitioned last night when my dad was messing around in the castle link app. Now its blinking and beeping... see attached video. Throttle trim is at 0 (SANWA M17 SUB T) not getting any throttle input it seems but servo works just fine. I've reset the castle settings to factory. Batteries are good.
Screenshot_20220809-195408_Gallery.jpg

You have to put the ESC into calibration mode.
In order to do that i need throttle input. Its not attempting to go into calibration mode. Soon as it fires it beeps and blinks no other lights.

Read the manual on how to calibrate the throttle. On most, you hold the program button down while powering on the ESC. Then you turn on the transmitter. Press the program button to calibrate neutral. Pull the trigger all the way back and hold, and press the program button to calibrate fwd, then move trigger to reverse and hold and press the button again. You then reboot the ESC. Not sure about your ESC, but the manual will say how.

Alright so I've hit a birck wall. My monster mamba x 8s has been nothing but a headache. Was working fine let it sit for a couple weeks waiting on gears. Installed and fired it up and it went to reversed throttle input. Next day esc went to a solid red light. Then it transitioned last night when my dad was messing around in the castle link app. Now its blinking and beeping... see attached video. Throttle trim is at 0 (SANWA M17 SUB T) not getting any throttle input it seems but servo works just fine. I've reset the castle settings to factory. Batteries are good.
View attachment 150393
Bro go on the Castle link on your laptop and reset it to factory settings or whatever that says back to default I had the same problem dude I did that and everything was fine
Bro go on the Castle link on your laptop and reset it to factory settings or whatever that says back to default I had the same problem dude I did that and everything was fine
At first it was the data logs that were full and I did something and I can't remember what I did but long story short I went on the laptop set it back to default and everything worked fine and redid my settings and everything's good

At first it was the data logs that were full and I did something and I can't remember what I did but long story short I went on the laptop set it back to default and everything worked fine and redid my settings and everything's good
Just did that and now it arms.. making progress but still not seeing throttle input it seems. Not able to calibrate or go into programming mode.

Just did that and now it arms.. making progress but still not seeing throttle input it seems. Not able to calibrate or go into programming mode.
R your throttle and brake rate at 100
Make sure they are both at a hundred and then rebind then see what that does also make sure your data logs are cleared

Make sure they are both at a hundred and then rebind then see what that does also make sure your data logs are cleared
Yes transmitter at 0 sub t and 100epa for both

Rebound still not seeing a throttle response it seems. Smh about to take it outside and use it as a target.

Sanwa m17 with a rx493 (rx and transmitter are good confirmed in my race buggy) even factory reset controller to triple check

have you another transmitter and receiver ?

try other transmitter and receiver, then it will bind.

i have one castle that binds to my nasty rtr radios only, not my professional futaba at all

Sanwa m17 with a rx493 (rx and transmitter are good confirmed in my race buggy) even factory reset controller to triple check
R your data logs cleared. Also what's the color on the ESC when you got it on
And if you have a gyro that could be a problem too

And if you have a gyro that could be a problem too
Yellow light that beeps every so often. I've used this transmitter in the past with no issues.

Yeah that's the same problem I'm having. Except mine go through the chimes at start up but right before it arms it gives one really long beep and then nothing. No throttle. Was working fine... now nothing... I feel your pain. I have re-bound and recalibrate and charged everything. Going to reset everything to factory and see if that helps. I really like my castle motor but if this keeps happening it isn't worth the headache...