Lrp .30 question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Savage freak

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I've been looking for a bad motor for my savage and have decided to go with the LRP .30 but here is my question. There are two lrp .30's there is one with 7+1 ports and 5+1 ports. I'm wanting the one with the MOST low end torque. It's the spec 2 .30ZR and the X I think. Let me know which one i should get. Thanks!

Typically, lower port count is higher torque, higher port count is higher rpm.

With the 30... I'd go for higher count as your going to have more torque than your truck can deal with regardless. :)

However, one minor problem is the "X" is a bump start engine and will not work in a Savage unless you swap cranks and back plates with a ZR engine. So if you do the .30 you are kinda stuck with the ZR pullstart version.

ascg2810.jpg

A guy I know did do what you said for his 30 in his LST2. More $ than brains I guess. That thing really rips though!

I have the ZR .30 in my bling Savage and it tosses it around like it is a rag doll. In a lighter truck it would have to be stupid powerful. Oh yeah.... one STRONG word of warning. This engine is very high flow....I had a JP-4 on it and it would barely run. It loves the JP-2 engine and the ERCM pipes. Make sure you get a pipe that is a high flow (tuned to top end).

Back