Losi Nightcrawler or Axial Ax10 Scorpion?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1kewlboi

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm trying to decide wether to buy a Losi nightcrawler or an Axial ax10 scorpion. I need to know which one is better in the long run, meaning which one breaks easier or which one is better period. Please comment on what your opinion is.
Thanks,
1kewlboi

I guess my question to you is what are your plans for it, do you just want to do some backyard crawling or do you plan on going to comps with it, stock Axial RTC VS Stock Losi Night Crawler I like the Axial better, JMO. They both need tweaks to make them crawl better but i think it would be cheaper to do so with the Axial. With the Losi you really need to get a sensored Brushless system to get better run time and decent wheel speed, with the Axial a Basic Castle Creations Sidewinder and a Integy 35t motor would be all you need which is about half the price, both need better steering servos and upgraded linkage, also there is way more after market support for the Axial crawlers IMO....Again this is just my opinion...

As much as i am a SUPER losi fan. IMO Axial is such a better company for crawler/scalers. So much aftermarket support, and just an amazing crawler right out the box, (with your own electronics.) I would never even consider buying the losi crawler as long as the ax-10 is out.

NEITHER! Id go with a RTR Bully from Rc4wd. The best of all three.

http://www.rc4wdstore.com/2/product_info.php?products_id=1032

But out of the two.....Axial has more hop ups but I think any more Id go with the losi if I were to get into comping seriously. The losi can be converted to a MOA easily, axial can not. The axial will take ALOT to make it as competitive as a MOA losi.

$500 no electronics..... no thanks.

huh? Its $500 with all electronics.

A MOA is sweet (especially at that price!) if you are gonna comp. If not then I would base my purchase on parts availability. You will break stuff. Yes, even with a crawler. The Losi is sweet (I too am a HUGE Losi fan) but I would and did go Axial ARTR. I will never comp so I went with something I know I can get parts for and that will hold up to my noob (to crawlers) bashing.

Ahh. did not see that. My bad. Nice.

I would go with the Axial AX-10 ARTR. That way you can put your own electronics in it. As everyone else is saying the Axial has a lot more support than the Losi. Before I got my Mini Rock Crawler, I was really looking at getting the AX-10 ARTR to complement my SCX-10 kit.

i had same problem to be honest... just bought a rtr ax-10. LOVE IT BUY ONE

Back