Losi Mini Desert Buggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robmob

LET’S GO BRANDON!
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I kinda like it.

http://www.losi.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=LOSB0204

LOSB0204-GAL8.jpg

LOSB0204-ACT2.jpg

It's got an old skool look to it. I dig it!:thumbup:

Ditto. I like the "high lift" one better though.

If I'm not careful... I'm going to end up with 3 micro's by the time winter is here/over... then I'll have 3 sitting on the shelf that I almost never use!

I just received mine the other day. First thing I did with it was swap out the stock motor and ESC with a Team Losi Exceloron(sp?) ESC and 6000KV motor, a 1650mah LiPo. I tried using the stock radio and receiver, but they dont work so well with the new ESC which sucked. can't reverse the throttle input, or at least I couldnt see a way to. So I tossed in a receiver for my Futaba 3PM. Also, I installed the Team Losi alum. shocks for the Mini T.

Aside from a front link end popping off the ball which is apparently a common problem for the Mini T and Mini Desert Truck, this thing is a little tank! I'm used to my baja which is prone to breaking if I mistreat it. Not my Desert Buggy. it takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin.

So far my only complaint with it is the diff, which in stock form is a gear diff and very "loose". The first thing I intend to buy for it when i get to the states is to see if theres a ball diff or a sealed gear diff for it. I also intend to see what Aluminum Mini T parts are compatible with the Desert Buggy. Definitely wanna make this thing bling, which I dont normally do.

I still look back and wish I had bought a RC18B, but I dont regret getting the Mini Buggy. its a blast!

Anyone know of any good Mini T/DT/DB resources?

I agree, the old schoo look is awesome. It looks like it's basically a Mini Slider with different wheels and body/wing. That's definately the roll cage from the Mini-S

Well, just noticed today that my stock tired are nearly toasted. They are separating from the wheel. Gonna CA glue em back on and hope that holds better than the factory glue did.

Gotta love that brushless power!

Also I checked out that site. Seems like a good place to get stock parts, and i even found a clear body set for the buggy on there, something I hadnt found anywhere else.

doesn't seem much help in finding which aftermarket parts for the Mini T/DT will fit the Desert Buggy though. Guess thats trial and error on my part.

hey.

is it any good on a track, or doing jumps