Losi Mini B club racer build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang it, Dad working that day. Oh well. I can go another time.

Took out the amazon esc and motor I had. Put back in the dynamite 2in1, tested it and it still works. I will figure out the gear mesh and my receiver setup in the morning. And maybe to solder a deans plug on the esc to use my new batteries. Ideally want to test and experiment how it affects weight and the balance of the car. Already it feels so much lighter, and the body stays on because there is no wires pushing up against the body.

Shock leaked again. 🙄
Rebuilt that. I put in a basically like new plunger in from one of my spare rear shock, and I put a o ring under the piston. And it seems to hold oil now so all good.

Lost the spring cup somewhere. I had a set of 3d printed spring cups, which were too long so I cut them down to make them work.

Soldered a deans plug on the esc from spare Amazon adapters I had in my bag. Next I just got to solder the opposite deans plug on the spare batteries, since those had EC2s.

Drove it for a couple of minutes with my table top jump and it works good. Drives a bit better.

For high bite carpet, I think having the Amazon ESC/motor helped with the added weight to keep the car down and planted. With bashing around and at LBRC, I shouldn't need that extra weight so that's why I went back to the 2in1

I did slightly loosen the slipper and put some throttle expo in my radio to help with smoothing out the throttle.

When my buddy redid my motor, the on/off switch is a bit short so I'll just leave it hanging out. Should be fine though.

Edit:
With the shocks, I figured out the stock oil is 25wt, the lowest I had was 30 so that's what I rebuilt the front left shock with.

1000011467.jpg

1000011466.jpg

1000011468.jpg

1000011465.jpg

Took it outside with the ramp.

With being back with the 2in1 combo, it jumps alot better.
The front arm king pin slide out so I got some pliers and put that back in there and all is good.
Got a couple packs charged up for the Mini Track tonight or tomorrow.
Yea, ill be keeping this as an indoor car for now on. Don't really want to break anything else until I start racing this thing again.

With the ending of the Mini Track, won't be running the car alot, but I am getting a bit excited to race @ LBRC during the summer with this thing, and hopefully to start up a Mini Class at the carpet tracks during the winter. :)

Back