Losi LST spin start VS. Roto Start

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stain N'Kay

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
my old roto starts broke(2). I just bought a losi lst spin start, it was cheaper and the rotos broke so i figured might as well try it. I have two HPI's that i was going to use it for but the Losi spin start spins the wrong way. I already modified the shaft from the roto to fit in the losi, but the thing spins the opposite direction. I was thinking about disconnecting the negative and positive cables and switching them and re sodering them. Will that turn the spin start the opposite drection. Thanks

It spins which is what you need it to do.

I've never had a roto start, but I have used a Losi spin start on my old LST. I found that if you didn't have a firm grip on it, it would try and twist your wrist off.

I actually preferred using my DeWalt 18v drill.

Yeah the 18V work great, thats what i was using but i sort of borrow it with my brother so i dont always have it available, But thanks for your input

FWIW i've seen roto starts on ebay for cheap. just my 2 cents.

i personally like the hpi rotostart. i used to have it on my savages. on my savage x i had the roto start2 it has too much torque so it would go through one way bearings quickly. but on my savage 25 i had the origional model and that lasted forever

Back