Losi Lst build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chickenwing

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
I just got this neglected Losi Lst, I am looking forward to bring it back to its former glory.
6E3DF4EC-8BAE-451E-9E75-E01B09FF0333.jpeg
678A54C4-F6E1-4EE9-A5C2-A14D438A92F5.jpeg
56ED7408-7AD2-4179-BA29-369ECF38FAB3.jpeg

nice! definitely excited to see this build, love seeing these LSTs come back to life. i recently built two, one i kind of went back to stock, the other i did a few mods to.
extremely fun platform very durable, and handles very well.

@Chickenwing any big plans for it, or just bring it back to stock?
The original plan was to go back stock,but I have so much Lst2 parts left over from my last 2 builds. I like the beefier A-arms and axles along with being a fixed rear. Maybe next build will be stock( have enough Lst parts to build a couple more) ?

nice! definitely excited to see this build, love seeing these LSTs come back to life. i recently built two, one i kind of went back to stock, the other i did a few mods to.
extremely fun platform very durable, and handles very well.
I’m really enjoying getting back into the Nitro game, my first was a Losi Aftershock,I liked the platform and durability, so after many year hiatus that’s the platform I went back with. This is my 3rd build in a few months.

Nice ,E-bay has some parts still for these ,I see them every now & then ,like new gears!...:thumbs-up:
Yes, EBay and I have become really good friends lately.

The original plan was to go back stock,but I have so much Lst2 parts left over from my last 2 builds. I like the beefier A-arms and axles along with being a fixed rear. Maybe next build will be stock( have enough Lst parts to build a couple more) ?

I’m really enjoying getting back into the Nitro game, my first was a Losi Aftershock,I liked the platform and durability, so after many year hiatus that’s the platform I went back with. This is my 3rd build in a few months.

Yes, EBay and I have become really good friends lately.
Got a little done this evening, this is the worst one I’ve seen. Looks like I’m going to go through a lot of SuperClean..
26BD58CF-A24F-4A6C-BE10-818A513C5C42.jpeg
8763B081-15AB-42F0-9BF7-A8F56EDE360C.jpeg

Guessing that was an aftershock, considering the 2-speed, engine and transmission. Was a decent truck after a handful of changes to make it tougher.

Awesome project there! I’m a big LST fan myself and it’s awesome to see people fixing and restoring mine. I’m glad we can still get parts, literally haven’t had one issue finding a single part I’ve needed for mine. Getting the itch to stock up on my drivetrain parts just in case...

Guessing that was an aftershock, considering the 2-speed, engine and transmission. Was a decent truck after a handful of changes to make it tougher.
It actually started out as a Mega Baja, but I already have a Mega Baja I built,so I’m gonna try to find an original Lst body.?

Awesome project there! I’m a big LST fan myself and it’s awesome to see people fixing and restoring mine. I’m glad we can still get parts, literally haven’t had one issue finding a single part I’ve needed for mine. Getting the itch to stock up on my drivetrain parts just in case...
Haven’t had any real big problems getting parts,i am still waiting to get my 14mm hex adapter kit for the Lst2 axles for my last build so I can run the stock Magneto/Claw MT wheel tire combo on my Mega Baja(coming from Australia).

After a couple hrs cleaning, she cleaned up pretty well.
C27D8B28-2EF1-4362-B0E7-74B7A56B81AA.jpeg
3C8A056A-6430-4C65-B549-A284817D9C06.jpeg

Haven’t had any real big problems getting parts,i am still waiting to get my 14mm hex adapter kit for the Lst2 axles for my last build so I can run the stock Magneto/Claw MT wheel tire combo on my Mega Baja(coming from Australia).
Hi Chickenwing. Were you able to get this 14mm hex adapter kit for the LST2 axles? I bought an original LST back in 2005. I ended up crashing one side of it into a large fence pole about 10 years ago and started rebuilding it due to the pandemic isolation. Lol. A lot of the parts were discontinued on the LST and I was able to replace the suspension arms, shocks, and parts of the drive train which were destroyed all with parts from the LST2. I still have the original wheels/tires with the 14mm hex sized hubs and I haven't been able to find anything which will allow me to use them with the 8mm axles that are on the LST2. If you could give me any guidance or suggestions that would allow me to use the original wheels/tires it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Hi Chickenwing. Were you able to get this 14mm hex adapter kit for the LST2 axles? I bought an original LST back in 2005. I ended up crashing one side of it into a large fence pole about 10 years ago and started rebuilding it due to the pandemic isolation. Lol. A lot of the parts were discontinued on teh LST and I was able to replace the suspension arms, shocks, and parts of the drive train which were destroyed all with parts from the LST2. I still have the original wheels/tires with the 14mm hex sized hubs and I haven't been able to find anything which will allow me to use them with the 8mm axles that are on the LST2. If you could give me any guidance or suggestions that would allow me to use the original wheels/tires it would be greatly appreciated.
If you're using LST2 axels then just run the Losi 17mm hex adapters. 17mm is the most common size hex for MT wheels anyway.

Last edited:
i second the above, id just run 17mm adapters. so much more selection, and finding replacements isn't as difficult.
if you really want to run stock tires for the lst2 though there is an conversion adapter set to run 14mm hex wheels
LOSB3514 is the part number.

If you're using LST axels then just run the Losi 17mm hex adapters. 17mm is the most common size hex for MT wheels anyway.
Thank you for the reply and I really appreciate it. Do you know if the Losi 17mm hex adapter fits the 8mm axles? 17mm seems to be most of what I can find for an 1/8th scale truck.

If you're using LST axels then just run the Losi 17mm hex adapters. 17mm is the most common size hex for MT wheels anyway.
I did finally get the adapter kit I think I found the last one on the planet in Australia,but like everyone else is saying use the 17mm hexes and get some new wheel/tire combo(less headaches)😂