Losi Aftershock Tuning

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leyviar

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have an Aftershock and I'm new to Nitro. I seem to have cleared up my issues with the slipper and the clutch. My current issue is tuning, I get it to start and idle fine, and when I pinch the fuel line it revs up for a second and then cuts out. I re-start and run without any smoke after initial acceleration, and then after about about 5-7 minutes it will stall out and I cannot restart it. I pull the glow plugs to see if I'm maybe getting flooded and that's not it. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

You're running way to lean mate. Richen it up till you see smoke from the exhaust. There should also be a little smoke when you're at full throttle.

Definitely sounds lean as neobart posted.

I have found that my M26SS in my AS likes to run hot for decent power (250-270). What are your temps? I also had many air leak issues out of the box with my AS. The fuel filter seal was destroyed. I replaced the whole filter since I had a spare. The carb neck leaked, the LSN leaked and the backplate leaked. I sealed the carb neck, backplate and lubed the LSN seal with associated green slime.

Now it doesn't leak, but it still runs hot. It runs pretty strong though. Quite a bit of power, fairly economical for fuel, but starts hard and runs warm.

I don't know why it starts so hard either. It has plenty of compression, I've tried new fuel, new plugs, different temp plugs, but to no avail, it will only start if I slowly turn it over. If I rip on the cord like I do every other engine with quick 8" pulls while giving it a bit of gas, it won't start. But, if it's properly primed, I put the heater on it for about 10 seconds, then slowly pull the starter cord, it will pop and run after a few slow pulls. It's very odd... That's only for a cold start though. When it's hot and stalls from being on it's roof, short quick pulls like my other engines gets it going.

It's a very odd bird, but I really enjoy running it.

A little tip, get some extra fuel line and run your lines around your rear shock tower. This will give you more than 15 seconds of run time when your on your roof.

I had this thing out running pretty good yesterday(so I thought) and I went to run it today and the 2 speed clutch and shoe melted to my gear. I adjusted this before to the factory settings and I don't understand why this happened.

As far as my carb goes, I don't have any build up like you have mentioned, so I think it may be o.k. (or not)

Once again, thaks for the help!

My carb's Idle screw gave me a vacuum leak I had to change to another Carb I had from another mach .26

it wont start again because the engine is way to hot. as everybody else has already said your running incredably (sp?) lean, you should see smoke just about all of the time but you dont want clouds coming out either.

and olds, i think i might be making a run to my lhs for some more fuel line! thanks for the good tip!!

Back