losi 8ight 2.0 rtr servos? and telemetry tuning?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

god

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
god... i just bought a new losi 8ight 2.0 and I know I'm going to need to replace the servos. just the numbers and brands get all confusing. what would be good cheapish durable servos for it? i want metal gears and prob digital ones but what do you guys think? include links in your posts please.

also the buggy comes with telemetry could i use that to keep an idea on the temp for break in or should i use a temp gun?

another thing.. the caps on the shocks are plastic do they sell metal caps for them? i have a feeling the shocks might bust... is that something to worry about?
I'm new to 1/8 rc so be nice lol
:D

I would just run it for a while and see if anything breaks. Also the telemetry is not very accurate.

Get the metal caps, everything else is fine. As for servos, I have great experience with Savox servos.

For the money it's hard to go wrong with the Hitec HS-5805MG. It runs about $80, has tons of torque (343oz @ 6v), and all metal gears.

If you don't need all that torque you can save yourself some money and get the HS-5645MG. It packs 168oz @ 6v and also features metal gears. These typically run around $50.

I run 2 of the 5805's in my LST2 and I run a single 5645MG in my Ten-T.

ok can anyone provide a link for the metal shock caps?

as for the servo's will I really need to change out the throttle servo? I heard you can put the steering servo on the throttle (because it is a faster or stronger oz. servo?) and buy a new servo and put it on the steering servo. Is there any difference between the stock servos?

For the money it's hard to go wrong with the Hitec HS-5805MG. It runs about $80, has tons of torque (343oz @ 6v), and all metal gears.

If you don't need all that torque you can save yourself some money and get the HS-5645MG. It packs 168oz @ 6v and also features metal gears. These typically run around $50.

I run 2 of the 5805's in my LST2 and I run a single 5645MG in my Ten-T.

These are good choices or futaba with similar specs as far as shocks your probally gona have to find complete shocks that are all aluminium.I'm suprised being GOD you don't have the answers who did you ask before you created man.:p:

try the spektrum s8000 and the s8010 from spektrum aswell
they are both $99.99

Back