Looking to buy a Ryft

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdMiller86

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I’m looking to buy an Axial Ryft. I currently have a Redcat Gen 7 pro. I know it going to be night and day difference between the two. Are they really as crazy as they seem? Any tips on what issues they have out of the box? Any weak points I should be aware of? Thanks for the help and info.

I have assembled many kits. The Ryft is one of the best kits I have ever assembled. Are you buying the RTR? If so, you need a sway bar for it. It has severe torque twist on the RTR. Even on the kit, which comes with the sway bar, it is still noticeable.

If buying the kit, pay attention to the shift fork if going with the 2-speed option. It doesn't show in the manual, but it only goes in one way. The shift arm screws into it, and needs to be screwed in on the side of the fork with the counterbore in it.

As for driving, the Ryft is really narrow and doesn't stay on its feet very well. It's really only designed for short bursts of speed up steep terrain. It does not drive well on flat surfaces at speed. It takes some getting used to.

Agree with Wicked Fog.

I have assembled many kits. The Ryft is one of the best kits I have ever assembled. Are you buying the RTR? If so, you need a sway bar for it. It has severe torque twist on the RTR. Even on the kit, which comes with the sway bar, it is still noticeable.

If buying the kit, pay attention to the shift fork if going with the 2-speed option. It doesn't show in the manual, but it only goes in one way. The shift arm screws into it, and needs to be screwed in on the side of the fork with the counterbore in it.

As for driving, the Ryft is really narrow and doesn't stay on its feet very well. It's really only designed for short bursts of speed up steep terrain. It does not drive well on flat surfaces at speed. It takes some getting used to.
I’m buying a RTR model. All the video searching I’ve done says it needs a sway bar. I probably won’t do much flat surface driving with it. There’s a state park close to home that we go crawling at that has mountain bike trails that we ride/bash on and some of them are pretty steep and rough and the crawlers just don’t have the power or speed to get through and that’s the main reason for purchasing it. I think I’m going with a 3s battery so it doesn’t have so much power and it doesn’t get so crazy hahaha

Back