LOOK - RC4WD 1/24 Trail Finder 2 RTR W/ Mojave II Hard Body Set

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Is it worth $169.99?

• Yes, shut up and take my money!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not really. But I am an addict, so I gotta have it.

• Unsure - waiting to see some upgrades.

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Nah, not worth the asking price.

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Hell no. It's garbage!

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WickedFog

Starter of too many projects
Supporter
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
Holy cow, how did I miss this? We have a new contender in the 1/24th scale class from RC4WD.

https://store.rc4wd.com/rc4wd-124-trail-finder-2-rtr-w-mojave-ii-hard-body-set-blue.html
Z-RTR0052-21.jpg

The main things that stick out to me, besides it being a gorgeous truck, is the chassis is CNC machined instead of stamped steel like the SCX24. The headlights actually have mounts for LED's and there is an optional lighting kit available, although I couldn'tfind it on the site. Not sure if the tail lights have light buckets as well, but betting they do. The truck also has a cool, detailed interior.
Z-RTR0052-23.jpg

The wheels and tires just look awesome on this little beauty. It looks like we might be seeing some smaller scale hex bolts than we have been able to previously get.
Z-RTR0052-12.jpg

All in, I'm pretty stoked by this lil guy. RC4WD have built a beautiful 1/24 scale truck.

Z-RTR0052-15-4.jpg

Z-RTR0052-13-2.jpg

Z-RTR0052-3-2.jpg

Unfortunately, it doesn't look very good as a crawler. Maybe I posted this in the wrong forum 🤔

I feel like the SCX24 is a better option for the money unless you just really want that hard body. 🤷‍♂️

At twice the price of the WPL C24, I'm not sold on this micro, particularly in the crawling department.

Ill pass. Its the size of a roach next to the scx6. I like rc4wd products, and think its very detailed, but too small for me.

Agree on all points.

When I first saw it, I posted this thread. Then I had a serious letdown watching the vid. It drives like a toy. Granted Matt wasn't really showing any slow crawling ability, unless it just doesn't have any at all. Unless they come out with a lot better motor option for it, I ain't buyin.

Speaking of crawling, a Furitek ESC and a better radio would solve a lot of problems after a motor upgrade. Or even an SCX24 radio and esc/receiver would be a helluva step up. But then you are far deeper into the wallet just to make this perform almost as good as an SCX24.

I can only ask myself, wtf were they thinking? To me, this only goes towards tarnishing RC4WD's brand. Probably why they (likely embarassingly) include a little better motor for you to install for the initial releases of this truck. I am betting there is a version 2 being developed as we speak.

Final thoughts - They likely did the design work on this, sent that off to production, and told the Chinese manufacturer to handle the electronics. Surely they got shipped a prototype? Maybe not. But if they did, they should have said no thanks.

Not sure on this one. Great looking truck regardless but if it performs like my hard body jeep performs, I would pass. The hard body jeep I built is so top heavy, it rolls very easy.

All the micro crawlers look small to me now. Only reason I'd get one at all would be to build a scale version of m y 92 f150. I've built plenty of static 24th scale models before I discovered the fun of rc. I know I can find a hard body f150 in that scale lol🤣

Looks great but that hard body is the only thing it's got going for it. Price is way out of line for what you get.
I bet once that body is for sale you will start seeing lots of SCX24's with it.