Look Out Stoner

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WickedFog

Starter of too many projects
Supporter
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
@StonerRC365 - Looks like you got some bad weather heading your way. I got a delivery delay on a package currently in New Jersey that says emergency delay, so I checked the weather and sure enough, bad things are going on up that way. Be safe bro.
Screenshot_20210923-103820_Chrome.jpg

I've been checking that out also. Be safe Bro..

Looks like hes about to get the poop we just had. I had a delivered delayed the other day also.

Man send that our way to Northern California we need it so bad!!! Tired of these horrible 2 month long fires burning almost a million acres at a time and our small communities. Here's the Dixie fire we had come within 2 miles of our property and know several people who lost everything 😥 the pictures below show how close to us it came, it ripped down and burnt the entire mountain in maybe 2 hrs time.
IMG_20210816_200815863.jpg
IMG_20210816_213117644.jpg
IMG_20210817_201431496.jpg
IMG_20210817_201508321.jpg
IMG_20210817_204822018.jpg

@StonerRC365 - Looks like you got some bad weather heading your way. I got a delivery delay on a package currently in New Jersey that says emergency delay, so I checked the weather and sure enough, bad things are going on up that way. Be safe bro.
View attachment 133454
Dude that's awesome thanks.. I will keep a eye open for it so far so good. It'd getting really windy. I'm working at a oil refinery by Newark airport..👍👍👍looks like something is brewing
16324130607474710144581010181147.jpg

Man send that our way to Northern California we need it so bad!!! Tired of these horrible 2 month long fires burning almost a million acres at a time and our small communities. Here's the Dixie fire we had come within 2 miles of our property and know several people who lost everything 😥 the pictures below show how close to us it came, it ripped down and burnt the entire mountain in maybe 2 hrs time.View attachment 133457View attachment 133458View attachment 133459View attachment 133460View attachment 133461
Holly crap bud. Hope you and the family are OK and safe. I wish I could send it your way... dam man thays so crazy 😨 scary....

Dude that's awesome thanks.. I will keep a eye open for it so far so good. It'd getting really windy. I'm working at a oil refinery by Newark airport..👍👍👍looks like something is brewingView attachment 133462

Holly crap bud. Hope you and the family are OK and safe. I wish I could send it your way... dam man thays so crazy 😨 scary....
Yes we are safe now thankfully this was about a month ago when it hit close to our property. I believe with the little rain we have gotten the last couple weeks the majority of the fire is out now. Last I checked Dixie fire was over 960,000 acres burnt and is the largest single fire in California's history. Burnt through 4 communities and also over half of Lassen National Volcanic Park. Not to mention all of the beautiful forests and lakes I grew up around and have so many memories of. Very sad and upsetting to say the least.

Yes we are safe now thankfully this was about a month ago when it hit close to our property. I believe with the little rain we have gotten the last couple weeks the majority of the fire is out now. Last I checked Dixie fire was over 960,000 acres burnt and is the largest single fire in California's history. Burnt through 4 communities and also over half of Lassen National Volcanic Park. Not to mention all of the beautiful forests and lakes I grew up around and have so many memories of. Very sad and upsetting to say the least.
It seems the whole Western US is trying to turn itself into a desert. I watched a documentary where they were talking about all the dams and redirects of rivers and streams in California, and what I gathered from it is they have been messing with nature so much over the past few decades mother nature is fighting back, and winning. Good luck out there!

It has been snowing ash here all week. it's to the point that there is no reason to wash the car anymore. I'll bet we've had one smoke free week in the last three months. If it wasn't still 99 degrees outside, I'd swear it was foggy. smoke is the worst I've ever seen it. We still have fires to the north and south of us.

I would kill for some of that rain, so it can knock some of this crap out of the air. :doh:

Looks like it weakened a lot by the time it got to Stoner. But he hasn't been online since before it got to him, so hopefully he is just working late.
Screenshot_20210923-180647_Chrome.jpg

@StonerRC365 - you survived 😁

So did it get very bad there today?
No not really it rained for about a hr and that was it.. But got really windy for sure..I'm alive yeah I'm working up by Newark airport at the Elizabeth oil refinery. It's about a 1.5 hr ride. Then got stuck putting stuff up in back yard incase it got bad... thanks for the heads up bud appreciate it👍👍. Had to stay to cover all the pipe up with tarps
20210923_140545_resized_resized.jpg

We can finally start to breathe here in Idaho. The Cali smoke along with Northern Idaho smoke it was pretty bad, more so for me.
It was beautiful out the last few days.
I'm glad to hear that bud. Know that smoke wasn't good for ya. Glad to hear it cleared up some out there. Now just got to get those fires under control. And everyone will be good I hope👍👍

I hear ya. Rough summer regardless. The fires in Cali are a bad deal and I feel so sorry for the folks that lost their home.
This Covid chit has really hit our little town of 3500 so bad now that the hospital is turning people away. They are at full capacity.:(

@StonerRC365 glad you are safe brother..

I hear ya. Rough summer regardless. The fires in Cali are a bad deal and I feel so sorry for the folks that lost their home.
This Covid chit has really hit our little town of 3500 so bad now that the hospital is turning people away. They are at full capacity.:(

@StonerRC365 glad you are safe brother..
Thanks brotha. Dam man it's crazy. That's how it was here for a long time last yrs. Now it's starting to get there again. That sh*ts crazy.. just down rite horrible..
Dam bud thays crazy. Fires no joke especially when it's dry and got all that fuel to feed it.. sorry bud.it is very sad.. hope it gets better out there for you all.👍👍👍

Back