LiPo charged with NiCD Charger?!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohmygahitscoby

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well I'm here in Hawaii, and there is this hobby shop near me. I checked their website and it says they have LiPo packs that you can charge with a wall charger, so I figured for a NiMH or NiCD charger. Is this true? In the pictures, the brand is Dynapower.

Here's the shops link: http://www.alohahobbies.com/

If the wall charger is designed for LiPo batteries, that's fine. But if it's a standard NiMH or NiCd charger, I wouldn't even think about it. LiPo's use a completely different strategy than delta peak. And LiPo's are very flammable if treated wrong. Hook one up to a regluar charger and you're asking for a fire.

It also says that they are transmitter batteries which are different then the ones you use to run an electric rc motor, servos don't put the same demand on the batteries and they can't handle the continuious high current drain.

DONT DO IT MAN!!! just got out on a the brand website and buy the charger from the manufacturer:\