Lipo batteries

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnSampson

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So I bought a xo-1 and got 2 - 3 cell venom 3300 mah 35c batteries is this good, and will it work, they are running in series

Yes they are decent batteries and they will work. Just remember that the mAH rating is like the size of the fuel tank in a gas or nitro engines. The higher the mAH rating, the longer the run time. Also only run batteries that are matched in their capacity (mAH) and voltage.

Ok thanks!

Will motor would draw to much power and damage the batteries?

Those are pretty small IMO for an XO-1. I would want to have more headroom in the current delivery department.

You can supply 115A continuous with those batteries and the smallest traxxas offers is 125A. I think they would work but they wouldn't last long and you will be asking them to deliver their max rated current.

If that's all you have, i would just be careful with them and upgrade to 5000mAh 25C+ packs when you can.

Do you think they will be ok for a while like 3 months or will they explode?

I wouldn't expect an explosion however i wouldn't be WOT'ing the car all over the place. They may swell a bit as lipo's tend to do when overheated but just keep an eye on temps. I don't see them lasting long enough to get very hot anyway. 3300mAh isn't much capacity.

So They should be fine if I do like 50 mph speed runs?

I imagine so. i would avoid hammering it from a standstill and maybe just get it up to speed gradually

Is there a way to test to see if I am over drawing the battery

Back