Linkage Pictures wanted

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidbarton87

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I was wondering if anybody could post up pictures of there throttle linkage, i bought a 4910 T-maxx (prettys sure thats the origional one) and it currently has an OS18cv-r engine in it i believe and it kinda has a bastardized linkage i think, just looking for what it looked like origionally or what it should look like i guess.

View attachment 11237View attachment 11238sorry engine is removed right now but you can see clearly where all linkage goes. This was originally a 4910 and has been converted to a 4907 extended chassis and 3.3 trans but all the throttle brake linkage is exactly the same as before upgraded.

Last edited:
DSCF8552.gif
DSCF8551.gif
Shes a 2.5 version with the same motor you are talking about. I chucked the pedistal for the linkage and went directly to the carb. Rolex is gonna kill me!! Shes so dirty!!:)

My son's truck has an HPI .18 in with linkage on the other side of the carb and uses a rod that bends up and over the spur gear. I believe this is the original way Traxxas had it on the 4910.

installed2.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for all the support guys I really appreciate it, just picked up another 4910 last night with the .15 so have a pretty good idea of what it looks like now, my .18 has a slide carb on it, not sure if that original or not. Thinking some custom linkage is in store for this bad boy to make it not look and perform like poop. Previous owner had alot of nitro experience but a lack of give a poop on estetics and 100% workability so I'm fixing it. Have good base to work from with tons of RPM parts just need to work on getting it reliable.

No need for custom linkage, any current 4910 throttle linkage & bellcrank post will work for you.
$8 shipped http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-3-3-T-M...Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e6e275bd1

Looks like this
Throttlelinkage.jpg

On page 3 is a template for drilling the holes for the throttle bellcrank post to use slide carb engines on old pro .15 rotary carb chassis.
http://traxxas.com/sites/default/files/4900INST TMaxx 25 Conv (1).pdf

While you are at it you mite as well put a throttle return spring on it.
Easy to do with a bit of cut down aluminum angle.
023-1.jpg

067.jpg