Let's talk Battery Packs ...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Need to get rid of the 4 AA batteries. Keep forgetting about them. ( Think that's one reason for my crash .. even with a Fail-Safe) I have seen them on E-Bay but wondered if they had enough/not enough power. Anyway is there a battery pack made that will fit in my receiver box and can also be charged by my Mega 2 charger? Is there a certain brand better than others? Any Thoughts or ideas? Thanks.

the only battery pack that i have found is the traxxas battery pack, and that is assuming that you are taking about the batteries in the truck and not in the transmitter. There about $40, but I'm not sure how long a charge lasts.

This one is pretty good:
http://www.onlybatterypacks.com/showitem.asp?ItemID=11330.16

Kind of pricey, but takes out the guesswork of what fits. Also includes a charge jack which is nice. It replaces your entire battery box and also comes with a wall charger.

Or this one if you would rather stuff it in your receiver box. The leads on it are to charge it. You cut your stock wires and solder them to the tabs:
http://www.onlybatterypacks.com/showitem.asp?ItemID=11063.16

It's cheaper but is far less run time than the first one. That's the difference between 2/3's A and AA cells. Size and run time. Probably still more run time than 4 AA's.

Last edited:
I have used the Onlybatterypacks pack that mounts where the battery box used to. It was very nice. Charge jack made it even better.

i used a revo battery pack(flat) w/ the revo on off switch and mounted it to the reciever box-u have to come up w/ a way to mount it-double sided tape-i used a spare piece of lexan and some longer screws mounted on the stock battery box tray.-it shows a pic in the monster truck section of the image gallery.

i say u snag one from the stock 3.3! i love my 3.3! and the batters last pretty long

The stock 3.3 dont come with a pack..at least mine didnt

Back