Difference between the new HiTec RDX2 1000 and SkyRC T1000

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
RC driver just posted this video about the new HiTec charger. Looks the same and might even has the same function as the SkyRC T1000?

Just wondering the difference and which one will be better.

I have the T200 from SkyRC and it's a very good chargers for my bashing and racing uses.

The T1000 is $230 and the RDX2 1000 is around $270. 🤷
I had seen most people at the tracks using chargers like myself (T200, x2, D6) and the Junsi iChargers (308 Duo, 406 Duo)

Are these chargers really worth getting? And also should I really charge my 6100 LiHV packs at 35 or 40 amps!?! Sounds alot. Currently I'm charging them at 10 max. Sometimes at 12 if I really need to get them charged for a race. I would see if you need to charge at 40 amps for like competitive racing and getting the most performance out of the battery. I'm just club racing just for fun.

Last edited:
Curious just how much amperage this draws off the commercial power grid in the pits at 40A charge rate? Seems like this is the popular charge rate these days for racing. Take one hundred cars at an event, each charging batteries at max amps-circuit breakers gotta be tripping. Even having your own gas generator for power will be costly having the capacity to keep pumping out amps.

Remember back in the day-'08 it was, we paid a surcharge for electrical hookup at the five-day world finals. And battery charge rates back then are nowhere near what they are now.

Yeah. Crazy is right.

Here are the T1000 specs:

DC Input Voltage: 10-30V
AC Input Voltage : 100-240V

Charger power:
AC: 450W MAX
DC: 1000W MAX

Discharge power:
Main port: 10W
Balance port: 37W MAX
External discharge: 350W MAX

Battery Types/Cells:
LiPo/LiHV/LiFe/LiIon: 1-6cells
NiMH/NiCd: 4-15cells
Pb: 3S/6S/12S

Charge current
LiPo/LiFe/LiIon/LiHV/NiMH/NiCd/Pb:0.1-20.0A
Parallel:20.0-35.0A

Discharge current
LiPo/LiFe/LiIon/LiHV/NiMH/NiCd/Pb:0.1-2.0A
External discharge:0.1-40.0A

Balance current
LiPo/LiFe/LiIon/LiHV:1.5A MAX

Operation
LiPo/LiFe/LiIon/LiHV: Balance, Charge, Discharge, Storage, Parallel
NiMH/NiCd: Charge, Cycle, Re-peak, Discharge
Pb: Normal, AGM Charge, Cold Charge, Discharge

Here are the RDX2 1000 specs:

• 100V – 240V AC Operating Voltage Range
  • LiPo, LiFe & LiIon Cell Count: 1-6 Cells
  • NiCd/NiMH Cell Count: 1-15 Cells
  • Pb Lead-Acid Based Cell Count: 2-20 Volts
  • Charge Circuit Power: 450W AC / 1000W DC
  • Discharge Circuit Power: 10W (350W w/ AD350 Discharge Module)
  • Charger Current Range: 0.1A – 20A x 2 / 0.1A – 35A Parallel
  • PC Interface with Downloadable Software
  • 12V Power Supply Mode Runs other Devices
  • Weight: 3.0 lbs. / 1.36kg
  • Balance, Standard, Storage and Cycle Modes for All Lithium Battery Chemistries
  • Battery Meter
  • Internal Resistance
  • Terminal Voltage Control
  • Re-Peak Charge Mode and Delta-Peak Sensitivity for NiMH/NiCd Batteries
  • Capacity Cut-Off Limit
  • Smart Ventilation Fan
  • Intelligent Power Distribution Between Ports
  • USB-C Socket for PC Interface and Firmware Upgrades
  • Programmable Power Supply Function 5-27V / 1-15A
  • Tire Warmer Power Supply Output (16V/8A
Sky RC T1000

HiTec RDX2 1000

RC driver just posted this video about the new HiTec charger. Looks the same and might even has the same function as the SkyRC T1000?

Just wondering the difference and which one will be better.

I have the T200 from SkyRC and it's a very good chargers for my bashing and racing uses.

The T1000 is $230 and the RDX2 1000 is around $270. 🤷
I had seen most people at the tracks using chargers like myself (T200, x2, D6) and the Junsi iChargers (308 Duo, 406 Duo)

Are these chargers really worth getting? And also should I really charge my 6100 LiHV packs at 35 or 40 amps!?! Sounds alot. Currently I'm charging them at 10 max. Sometimes at 12 if I really need to get them charged for a race. I would see if you need to charge at 40 amps for like competitive racing and getting the most performance out of the battery. I'm just club racing just for fun.
For about the same money Id rather have the iCharger DX8 I believe.

Charge Power (Max)1600W (max 1100W per channel)
Charge Current Range0.05-30A
Current Drain (Balancing)2A
Balance Accuracy10mV
Internal Discharge (Max)70W (45W max per channel)
External Discharge (Max)2100W (max 1050W per channel)
Regenerative Discharge (Max)1600W (max 1100W per channel)
Discharge Current Range0.05-30A
LiPo/LiIo/LiFe1-8S per channel
NiCd/NiMh Cell Count 1-20S per channel
Pb Battery Cell Count1-12S per channel
Temperature Control (Intel.)Yes
PC ConnectivityUSB-C
USB ChargeType-C PD 5V/3A, 9V/2A, 12V/1.5A
Warranty1 year
Input Voltage9-49V DC
Input Current Limit65A
Dimensions129x98x40mm
Weight440g

Curious just how much amperage this draws off the commercial power grid in the pits at 40A charge rate? Seems like this is the popular charge rate these days for racing. Take one hundred cars at an event, each charging batteries at max amps-circuit breakers gotta be tripping. Even having your own gas generator for power will be costly having the capacity to keep pumping out amps.

Remember back in the day-'08 it was, we paid a surcharge for electrical hookup at the five-day world finals. And battery charge rates back then are nowhere near what they are now.

Yeah. Crazy is right.
The T1000 and the RDX2 1000 would both draw a max of 8.33A off a wall outlet.

The iCharger DX8 would draw a max of 13.33A off of a wall outlet.

That iCharger looks to have a lot better balance circuit at 2A vs the T1000 at 1.5A too. If you're wanting a charger that charges packs fast, that's a pretty big difference.

That iCharger looks to have a lot better balance circuit at 2A vs the T1000 at 1.5A too. If you're wanting a charger that charges packs fast, that's a pretty big difference.
True. I'm not looking to charge packs up fast. Its already fast with charging at 10amps with my T200. Just wondering the difference between the HiTec 1000 and SkyRC T1000 since they looked so similar.

True. I'm not looking to charge packs up fast. Its already fast with charging at 10amps with my T200. Just wondering the difference between the HiTec 1000 and SkyRC T1000 since they looked so similar.
Hard to say exactly since they dont list all the same specs but there doesn't seem to be much difference between them. One is liable to be a clone of the other.