Let's see your half cab crawler set up!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumguy75

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
Just ordered my first 1/10 half cab, a Creep cab for my Ecto. I want to do something for the back, but haven't decided. Considering a half cage but I might save that idea for my TRX4. I ordered some aluminum square tubes that are 6x6mm and 1mm thick and was thinking of making a flatbed frame with wood planks/craft sticks. Have some other ideas, just not sure which direction I'll go.

Would love to see what others have done with half cab setups, post up a pic if you have one! I already did an Injora IR40 half cab/cage on my TRX4M so I'll start:
1000005366.jpg

1000005467.jpg

Great job! love the orange one. 😍 :thumbs-up:

Damn do I have to bring out the Winnebago cut down hauler????

Crawler, hauler, sounds close enough to me.

so.. when we run a cab only or half cab. how important is a bed? or a cab? I'm about to run a cab only, and i got no iddea how id fit a bed on the truck now. this power wagon cab is freaking huge!
423686535_316087121468314_2818499672350253664_n.jpg

I think its because the Ecto body is barely longer than the rails. The bed for the Power Wagon would extend at least an inch further past the end of the rails.

I don't think any of the body is important other than looks and to protect the components in a rollover. I see a lot of guys make a custom flat bed so you can make whatever length you want.

My half cab, whole cab comment wasn't meant to offend. I hear lots of folks use the term 'half cab', I was just curious as to why that term is used.

You can make a short bed with cutouts for the shock towers, or go bedless.

Try mocking up a bed with some cardboard just to see how it looks, to see if you want to go to the trouble to try to make one. It's good to work out the bugs (Trial and error) before using the good stuff.

so.. when we run a cab only or half cab. how important is a bed? or a cab? I'm about to run a cab only, and i got no iddea how id fit a bed on the truck now. this power wagon cab is freaking huge!View attachment 184086

Back