Lets play "Name that tool"!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one is super easy....can you guess this tool?
Comedy Central Hair GIF

Attachments

• 1629510718221462100476574210697.jpg
    1629510718221462100476574210697.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 62
  • 16295107457971064563031927516085.jpg
    16295107457971064563031927516085.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 57
Its a male/female 4 pin molex connector extraction tool.

Heres a quick video on how it works. This guy is bashing the "Cheap $8 amazon tool" but hes trying to use it on automotive molex connectors instead of PC molex connectors. Might not work properly on automotive molex connectors but it works fine on PC molex connectors. The removal tools he had were much nicer but its not something I use enough to justify buying nice tools for it.

Ok so it's for BIG "OS&Y" water values packing puller. I need them for work got a couple different sizes.. here's a video how it's used at 1.18 in video

Its a male/female 4 pin molex connector extraction tool.

Heres a quick video on how it works. This guy is bashing the "Cheap $8 amazon tool" but hes trying to use it on automotive molex connectors instead of PC molex connectors. Might not work properly on automotive molex connectors but it works fine on PC molex connectors. The removal tools he had were much nicer but its not something I use enough to justify buying nice tools for it.

That guy looks like he's just breaking every electric tab out of that connector... all you need is a tiny flat head to bend the hooks in and it's out... wow some videos show some crazy ideas... I watched alot of them with I fixed the edge.. like the one how to jump start my edge with just a wire...🤣🤣🤣🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
That guy looks like he's just breaking every electric tab out of that connector... all you need is a tiny flat head to bend the hooks in and it's out... wow some videos show some crazy ideas... I watched alot of them with I fixed the edge.. like the one how to jump start my edge with just a wire...🤣🤣🤣🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
You can use a tiny flathead but the tool makes it a lot easier and faster to do if you need to do a bunch of them which sometimes I need to do for custom PC builds.

You can use a tiny flathead but the tool makes it a lot easier and faster to do if you need to do a bunch of them which sometimes I need to do for custom PC builds.
Oh I completely understand that... I wasn't saying you DON'T need that tool... for what you do with PCs "hell yeah"... but that connector wasn't for a pc rite? That looked more for a car or something.
💩 I would want something like that if I had to do it over and over also... on little tiny wires

Oh I completely understand that... I wasn't saying you DON'T need that tool... for what you do with PCs "hell yeah"... but that connector wasn't for a pc rite? That looked more for a car or something.
💩 I would want something like that if I had to do it over and over also... on little tiny wires
Yeah I'm assuming what he was doing was automotive connectors. Those definitely werent PC connectors.

This is a fun little game that you started WOLF.. Any other weird but useful tools that you guys use at work or at home???

I'm still kicking my self about the slot car set up board..🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

I have one of these, so I'll let others guess at it first.
....... but, I'm PM you my info for my prize 😁

That's a fuse tester or light tester??
Or could be a zip tie tightening and cutting tool
But I'm leaning toward a fuse or light tester

Jolly old St Nick would be proud of you for going to the trouble of buying one of those. What Christmas Spirit you must have fixing all your holiday lighting 😉