Latrax rally motor upgrade

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joostin420

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
Installed a castle mamba micro x with 5300kv motor in my buddies latrax rally tonight :geek:

Little modification to the motor mount plate, and hr 60t steel spur. Little 2s 2200ma lipo is a tight fit.
E465ADF6-0DDB-4D77-9EBF-EDBA2B530977.jpeg
9D91E44D-CE1B-4627-82CE-9A405CB0AA4D.jpeg
357FBDEA-17F0-4DAE-9A98-C8A117503C52.jpeg
56D0B3A2-C41C-4BDB-B286-8C87E555AF72.jpeg
17E4E7F0-665A-435F-9F87-6D0E307E802C.jpeg

Last edited:
:D

Yes, installed xt60’s. I was thinking xt90’s at first since it came with the Trx connectors stock, but the xt60’s rating were a better fit for the size.

:D

Yes, installed xt60’s. I was thinking xt90’s at first since it came with the Trx connectors stock, but the xt60’s rating were a better fit for the size.
Agreed. I like xt60. I also like the new ec5 thats new to me. I plan to switch out my deans packs to ec5 for the 3s ones and keep the xt90 for the 6s packs but I dont want to limit myself or my 3s packs. xt60 i have a ton of from the old quad days.
Weird boat. Not sure what to do with least amount of solder work. The xt plugs are tough to solder for my setup and I may need to get more heat with a new rig.

Agreed. I like xt60. I also like the new ec5 thats new to me. I plan to switch out my deans packs to ec5 for the 3s ones and keep the xt90 for the 6s packs but I don't want to limit myself or my 3s packs. xt60 i have a ton of from the old quad days.
Weird boat. Not sure what to do with least amount of solder work. The xt plugs are tough to solder for my setup and I may need to get more heat with a new rig.
I like the XT60 also. I have switched all my 2wd 1/10 and smaller trucks to the XT60 plug. Great plug.

For XT90 vs EC5, no reason to have both. They are almost the same rating, with the EC5 being slightly higher rated amp wise. Plus the EC plugs are so very easy to solder. I am pretty heavily invested in the XT90 plugs (and my soldering station handles them easy), so I don't see myself switching any time soon. But the EC5 is a great option.

I like the XT60 also. I have switched all my 2wd 1/10 and smaller trucks to the XT60 plug. Great plug.

For XT90 vs EC5, no reason to have both. They are almost the same rating, with the EC5 being slightly higher rated amp wise. Plus the EC plugs are so very easy to solder. I am pretty heavily invested in the XT90 plugs (and my soldering station handles them easy), so I don't see myself switching any time soon. But the EC5 is a great option.

I reckon if I'm gonna make a commitment, EC5 is the way to go across the board. Thank you for your insight. I'll do some shopping tonight and see if I can pick up a big pack and maybe (probably) a new soldering station.... (y)(y)

Looks pretty sweet. I put a 2430 8200KV generic in mine.

That’s hot (y) It must be fast. Have any videos?

I race it on carpet track on weekends, fast is the goal. But I tell ya, the fastest guys are using RC18Rs.

I don't have videos, hard to video and drive lol

Darn, they don’t make them anymore ?

I have a Tanabe Supra body and another castle setup waiting whenever I get around to a small ride...

Hard plastic bodies, no?

Those look super cool, but they would fall apart real quick with my use lol

Hard bodies.

You drive it like you stole it eh? :ROFLMAO:

I try to race clean, and pretty much everyone else tires as well. But honestly it's not a group of pros lol

Accidents are inevitable, and some collisions can be pretty nasty. That's why I have a lot of aluminum, it's like a tank now lol

Wow not a thread i expected to see on here lol.
I love these littke things. I've got a latrax teton with a boat load of mod parts or custom stuff.
5800kv motor, 54 tooth spur from the rally and 14 tooth pinion.
Has 1/10 wheels on it in some form of rally spec tire. I think the only thing left standard is the chassis and the spur cover plate lol.
An older photo but might throw one up in a week or so as its undergoing yet more changes. Dont hate on the suspension, i broke one ?

Attachments

• IMG_20190226_205431.jpg
    IMG_20190226_205431.jpg
    336.1 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_20190226_205456.jpg
    IMG_20190226_205456.jpg
    268.4 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_20190227_135644.jpg
    IMG_20190227_135644.jpg
    455 KB · Views: 158
Wow not a thread i expected to see on here lol.
I love these littke things. I've got a latrax teton with a boat load of mod parts or custom stuff.
5800kv motor, 54 tooth spur from the rally and 14 tooth pinion.
Has 1/10 wheels on it in some form of rally spec tire. I think the only thing left standard is the chassis and the spur cover plate lol.
An older photo but might throw one up in a week or so as its undergoing yet more changes. don't hate on the suspension, i broke one ?

thats pretty slick!!

Yeah i saw a beetle style truggy pimped up and had to do a version.
The bonnet of them is actually mounted to a custom post sat on the top plate so its as low as any body can go.
The flipped rear arms was the best mod. Looks mental but really helped.
The cage on the back was protecting the esc ?
Give it a kinda rear mount motor look lol.
Its all changing again at the minute though. Wanting to get the esc back inside under the shell and as low as possible for centre of gravity etc. Bloody matters when its ripping along on the rough stuff on the taller wheels lol.
All new suspension on the way too. The gpm stuff was garbage and the latrax stuff just blows apart at the skatepark

Back