Kyosho vintage

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was also wondering what nitro percentage to run on these engines I'm guessing from
10-20%?
EB0F5066-F459-4061-B699-754FD70365DC.png

D9A7E3A5-9D2C-4030-8071-22601490144D.png

Let me know how it goes. My discontinued HPI Nitro RS4 3 has a few left on ebay. A few sellers have 3d printed ones and you can buy the 3d stl files to print your own. I'm just curious how the 3d printed ones wear and last.
I’ll run it and let you know if it’s worth it hopefully it is😃

This website lists it as 15%, a tad high by most people's standards, but probably not a bad choice for a slightly older engine like the ones you've got there.

I’ll have a look and see If I can find a lower oil percentage but it does sound smart to run on a little higher oil and also as I don’t know how the previous owners run in the engine so I’m going to run a few tanks through it just to make sure

I’ll have a look and see If I can find a lower oil percentage but it does sound smart to run on a little higher oil and also as I don’t know how the previous owners run in the engine so I’m going to run a few tanks through it just to make sure
I have run fuels from 10% nitro to 25%, and oil content from 9% to 17%.

Oil wise, everything under 14% and under will run just fine. I am not sure about Europe, I heard that fuel over 16% nitro is hard to find.

If 16% is significantly cheaper I would buy that. There is no significant difference and you will burn less fuel

I managed to get the 25%nitro 15% oil it’s coming Monday I’ve got the spur gear doing some little modifications as it’s not perfect it’s the same part number but because it’s a 3d printed one so
image.jpg
it’s not perfect

You can go onto Kyosho.com and download the build sheet for that car. It will include all the part numbers. Kyosho like to use a lot of their current parts, so some part may still be produced.

So I’ve got the PureTen alpha running was a bit of a pain to start so In the end I removed the glow plug and put a little nitro onto the piston and then it started just wondering what screws do what on the engine so I can learn to tune thanks 😃
image.jpg

7491A619-B9AF-4A14-BB78-78C8996CD7A7.png
DE823F29-3C7E-4540-81EC-38E12A32C5BB.png
5CA91BCF-355E-409F-95E5-FB2BC45C219D.png
so I’ve had to grab a new knuckle set as the threads on the king pin screw was very thin and didn’t bite the plastic on the knuckle very well so they pulled out this metal one that I bought looks the exact same as the alpha ones does any one think they might work as there not from the same model😂

So I’ve just purchased I think an Ultima st gp but I’ve got an issue the front wheels I think are missing bearings I’ve tried one from the other wheel but only one side fits but on the diagram for the car there the same parts number I’m a bit confused I think i got a good deal too got it for 80 pounds
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

So I’ve got the PureTen alpha running was a bit of a pain to start so In the end I removed the glow plug and put a little nitro onto the piston and then it started just wondering what screws do what on the engine so I can learn to tune thanks 😃View attachment 156777
Pretty sure people watched this video and it was helpful https://www.sodialed.com/rc-setup-tips/ultimate-guide-to-nitro-engine-tuning-from-jq-racing. This is his channel a lot if helpful stuff https://youtube.com/@invisiblespeedrc. To learn how to tune i watched the rc biker and his playlist of how to tune an engine is here https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD5F8517C6D255590

Back