Kyosho mp9e Evo speedrun

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JP666

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, i'm using my mp9e Evo to build a speed runner. Currently i'm only getting to 120km/h(mamba monster on 6s), because I can't put bigger gears as the motor mount can't be moved further from the center diff.
What are the options to solve this?
A smaller gear on the diff is also not possible.
Thanks for the advise!

break out the Dremel tool and carbide rasp ..Start working on either relocation motor mount r carve a slot on the motor mount screw slots..74 mph is your speed now. and I think you will want to change your tires .not sure what you have on it now.. you can also try larger outside diameter wheels..not sure what your running for a spur gear but Id look around to get a smaller toothed gear in steel...I run a 45 toothed robinson and a 48 tooth pinion on my speed runner and easily break 150mph I have installed many different thing to keep my car on the ground from a front spoiler to pop up with any front end lift...but I run a 1/6 scale car gtx v2...

break out the Dremel tool and carbide rasp ..Start working on either relocation motor mount r carve a slot on the motor mount screw slots..74 mph is your speed now. and I think you will want to change your tires .not sure what you have on it now.. you can also try larger outside diameter wheels..not sure what your running for a spur gear but Id look around to get a smaller toothed gear in steel...I run a 45 toothed robinson and a 48 tooth pinion on my speed runner and easily break 150mph I have installed many different thing to keep my car on the ground from a front spoiler to pop up with any front end lift...but I run a 1/6 scale car gtx v2...
So, the current pinion is 21t, and spur 43t.
As tires i have 1/8 Louise gt tarmac. Not very strong i must say.
Relocating the motor mount will be hard as it's one piece with the diff mount.
It seems the best options then are to get 1/6 wheels and tires and carve out the screw slots on the motor mount itself.

Last edited:
Thanks for answering. I looked at some vids on those tires and see them to start ballooning. Id pick up some good tires . used the x0-1 tires can't remember if they are 19 or 17mm hex ?Id also work on that motor mount .expanding the slots..
a fyi. take a pin point sharpie and do a trace of motor location with present gear . now pull screws out and put a larger pinion on and do the trace again see how much youll have to expand the slots....are you following?

Xo1 are 17mm i believe, will try to install those.
I think it s only possible to get to smth like a 28t pinion by expanding the slots.
Is changing the center diff with a spool also a possible/good solution ? For some brands I found spools, but not for kyosho.
Thanks for your feedback

if you need you can adjust center diff to a Higher weight then there's no lose in motor rpms a 7 tooth jump. that will be just under A hair under 100 mph .97.333 but whos counting lol

Back