kyosho mad force problems

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

windy city maniac

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i am no newbie to the sport. But i just bought a kyosho mad force RTR. after break in period i opend up the throtle half way, and the front end starts to hop, when i opened it up full throtle it bogs then slows down dramaticaly like just crusing in 1st gear, then dies out. i haven't even got it into 3rd gear yet.
If someone has an answer please help me out.

[email protected]

same problem

yo thanx rolex, i ended up leanin HSN about 1 full turn in 16th increments. it helped out tremedlesly, pulling wheelies off the line untill half way threw second gear, once i pull the throtle farther to try to get it into 3rd, it dont bog any more just idles slows down then dies when i got the throtle pulled fully.also i got throtle trime on the remote turned down , when i try to turn it back to the middle where it originally was it engages the clutch and want to take off. Should i adjust the idle speed screw on the truck.

Yes. The trim knob on the throttle is to set it so it's putting pressure on the needle at idle. This pressure is keeping it sitting against the idle set screw. You don't want to ever adjust idle by using a trim. It's fine to use trim to juice it up a little for starting, but after that, your idle set screw should be doing what it's designed for... setting the idle.

As for this:
nce i pull the throtle farther to try to get it into 3rd, it dont bog any more just idles slows down then dies when i got the throtle pulled fully
I'm not real certain as to what your trying to say.

when i pull the trigger full throtle the car slows down dramaticaly (like at an idle speed during break in , realy slow) and then it dies. I can only pull the throtle half way, even then the whole truck shakes and hops, but i think thats a suspension problem.

I think your HSN needs some more tweaking. It sounds like it's flooding out. Start closing it 1/16 turn at a time, once it's up to proper temp, and see if it gets better.
If it doesn't improve, or gets noticably worse, start to lean it. It's always easier to know what it needs if I'm holding the radio.
You're closer to where you should be, but not quite right.

4 sure more tweaking. i though i remember ROLEX saying the take off was affected by lsn so i leaned that a little and take off improved, and leaned the hsn a little more earlier today. speed is improving but still can't stop the truck from hoping (its taking away so much speed) and still slows down alot when opened full throtle, but not as much as b4.

Also i have a CEN GENISIS 46 that the rear end got ran over by a van (its all good though the guy paid for it and i got a new one) so i have a lot of spare parts. I want to build a project car but dont know what engine and frame to use, please throw me some ideas.

The low speed needle only affects the engine from idle to about 1/3 throttle. After that, it's all HSN controlled. If he can't open WOT, it's his HSN giving him problems. Although, adjusting the HSN does affect overall fuel flow as well. So adjustments to it will change the LSN. That's why your supposed to adjust the HSN first, then tweek the LSN.

I Was Thinking If Tuning It Today Dont Fix My Problems Then Maybe I Should Just Turn All Needles Back So They Are Flush, And Start All Over Again. Would That Put Too Much Stress On The Engine Or No.

You dont necessarily put them back to flush... Look in your manual for the stock needle settings for breakin. Then lean from that point.
What mill are you running?

ok mayb i am a little bit of a newbi when it comes to terms and all that.
But what's the (mill)? how did u learn all this anyway!

Mill is another name for engine. As for the learning, lots of reading and some serious time applied to having a blast in this hobby. Stick around RCNT for a while and you, too, will be an expert in the lingo.

well i sure have time and believe me i love the sport every mourning can't wait to run my trucks, at least 4-5 hours out my day goes to running and learning these BIG BOY TOYS! HEY mayb u can help i have a CEN GENISIS 46 and the back end got ran over by a van. the frame is screwed so is the MILL, and the back shocks. i want to use the rest of the parts to build a project car. what type of engine and chasis should i use.

My first response would be to get the parts replaced and rebuild the truck you have. If that is not something you are interested in, there are far too many potential project trucks out there to pick any one over the other.

If I recall correctly, the Genesis resembles the Savage for chassis design. You might try a Savage chassis to start with. As for engine, that is up to you and your wallet.

yea mayb ill try that. do they a bigger engine then that 5hp? also on my kyosho mad force when i am running it when it kicks into second the whole truck starts to shake and hop down the street, do u think it can be my suspension or just bad tuning. cause it is tuned bad right now, when i open the throtle all the way it goes super slow and dies like a stall die not a bog die.

Back