Kyosho Mad Crusher.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vanning

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
It has been a long time for owning a Kyosho. Especially a nitro. I owned many when I was a young kid. The Vanning was one of them. My son recently got this Mad Crusher for his birthday. Wow....this has brought back great memories. Luckily....I really do know how to tune these well. I actually rebuilt the entire truck before I used it. I added nylon nuts, loctite etc. It really needed it also. We got it running awesome, the 3 Speed Trans is cool. It doesn’t handle well but this thing is fun. I’m thinking hex extensions are going in soon. Maybe even some monster tires. The smell alone brings back memories.

CCB754F2-2E33-4EE6-8E15-9717A8593A30.png

7257EBB1-17A3-494A-9330-E1A9AFE2DDB0.jpeg

E50F3E28-558F-45E2-AA56-421E7B393AC9.jpeg

Thanks for bringing back some really good memories @Vanning. The Kyosho Mad Crusher is a heck of a monster truck for sure!

Thanks for bringing back some really good memories @Vanning. The Kyosho Mad Crusher is a heck of a monster truck for sure!
It has potential for people with severe tinkeridous. My son loves the sound and smoke. . He says he likes both electric and Nitro. He was very patient during break in and tuning.

IMG_20171226_213945.jpg
IMG_20171211_215807.jpg
Big fan of these trucks. I have a decently modified mad force kruiser 2.0 ve. Love love that truck.

Last edited:
I watched your video on you tube. I really enjoyed it. I’m trying to gather information on upgrades and improvements also. I may start out with Team Associated wheel hex extenders. Just to get it a little wider. These monsters truck RC’s are fun on nitro. I saw a guy upgrade a Habao Hyper MT plus. That rig looks good also for nitro. He did all fancy hardware with cap washers in blue. Sort of shelf queen but the hardware does need to be extended through and nylon nutted anyway. The only reason I’m running nitro is because we have a bunch of electrics. It’s something the kid loves and I’m very experienced with the glow engine. I love this also. The people at Hobby Town try to talk people out of nitro RC’s. That’s a darn shame. These straight axle monsters look sweet blowing out smoke, one wheel lifted and banging through a 3 Speed.

Last edited:
People watch my videos? I used to run nitros back in the early 2000's because that was the only way go fast and have good run time. I was a lot younger then, so I didn't care about disturbing my neighbors at night with that all noise. The mods that I did to get more travel would not work on the crusher because you need to mount the shocks closer to the center of the truck.

I went fast on electrics years ago. 4 min run times. Lol.

It was really sad really. 5 packs to run for 30 minutes and also performance goes down hard after the first 2-3 minutes.

This thing rips !!! I will need a new body soon This one is going to get crunched up bad A new stock body is a hundred bucks !!! I need a Proline that will fit this The power of this nitro motor and the gearing is fun
342B575E-263B-4860-A817-3F85F2146D4F.png

The body is too pretty for a truck that is that explosive. it really would be better suited for a scale crawler.

This truck is so crazy. Lmao...the body will be interesting to watch each run. Each run takes a little bit of sweetness off this body. I really need to put the LED’s in the headlights as it gets destroyed.

Yeah please let us know on any upgraded suspension links... I just bought the dirt track six pack for my Kyosho and they rubbed on the shocks going to be looking into getting some of the extenders you refered too....

I meant DuraTrax six pack wheels tire combo... they were definitely too big for it but I ended up putting those wheels on my old school xtm monster mt... I'm running a sh 28 P3 on that one... it's a go getter

Attachments

• 20180418_004405.jpg
    20180418_004405.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 103
  • 20180418_004300.jpg
    20180418_004300.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 118
Yeah please let us know of any suspension upgrades especially those links... I just bought some new six-packs... and they couldn't fit the Kyosho they rubbed on the shocks so I ended up putting them on my old-school xtm Mammoth Mt (sh 28 p3)..

I upgraded most of the hardware. I have a few bags of Tekno camber links in various sizes. I ordered a bag for my Tekno MT410 a while ago. They came with the balls also. I started to notice that they could be used for real strong suspension links. The front Tekno MT410 shocks are also the same size. And from Hot Racing, you can get aluminum axles for $320 bucks. I’m going to run it as is. Lol.

F7A3F3CD-A7BE-4173-8EDC-520D373A1EB9.jpeg
6DC6B889-3D8B-40F5-A539-9519BBEC9D85.jpeg
Here is a suspension upgrade that I made myself.

These here bolt up th the Mad Crusher. You will need a few shims between them and the hub bearing. Axial makes the proper size shim. They are like 8mmx10mm by .3 thick. AX31289 are the shims.

Attachments

• 069A3D5E-9A16-490E-A580-DD43549A9EDA.png
    069A3D5E-9A16-490E-A580-DD43549A9EDA.png
    343.3 KB · Views: 105
Back