Kyosho Javelin Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WickedFog

Starter of too many projects
Supporter
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
Starting this build today. Did a quick unboxing vid to start this off.

This is a little long, but I shortened it as best I could. Got the main chassis assembled.

The build so far.
20221215_062116.jpg

Episode 2 doesn't get much work done on the car, but I share some 3d design work and printing of a tool to assemble the links.

Episode 3 is up. Got the Spur gear assembly and A-arms installed.

Here is where we're at now.
20221217_065547.jpg

20221217_065558.jpg

20221217_065533.jpg

Couldn't resist seeing how it looks with the wheels on it.
20221217_065502.jpg

Starting the paint work.
20221214_060544.jpg

The driver's head has a face, which is funny because the facemask is a black decal. Since that will be easily damaged, I am going to cut a piece of lexan instead, so you can still see the face. I'll use the decal for a paint mask.
20221214_064842.jpg

Decided to go silver suite for the driver. Left it a little thin so the black backer will show through it.
20221218_154112.jpg

20221218_154216.jpg

Last edited:
Your driver is either possessed or has really bad cataracts! :eek: 🤣 Looking good. :thumbs-up:
Starting this build today. I did a quick unboxing vid, but it still needs edited and uploaded. Not much to share yet, but will update this in a bit. Waiting on a new parts tray to finish printing to make this easier.

Starting the paint work first
View attachment 156784
The driver's head has a face, which is funny because the facemask is a black decal. Since that will be easily damaged, I am going to cut a piece of lexan instead, so you can still see the face. I'll use the decal for a paint mask.
View attachment 156785

Your driver is either possessed or has really bad cataracts! :eek: 🤣 Looking good. :thumbs-up:
Well, I decided to do things differently. The entire head is now primer grey. Going to attemp a real flamed helmet, so it's going into the spray booth 😉

Grrr 🤬. I had taken a few pics, but while backing up my phone I either lost them or deleted them. Started on the chassis. I do have some video coming soon though.
20221215_062116.jpg

I hate when I lose photos!
Me too. I have all of my photos backed up on google drive, microsoft one drive, and like 6 back up hard drives I have. Tho, the hard drives aren't up to date with my files. I have 1 1tb hard drive and 5 other flash drives which are a mix of 16gb, 32gb and 128 gb. I got a lot of backup drives.

I'm just going to keep updating the first post as I go. Lots of video editing to do.

Love the new build! I'm going to start a build series too! I'm gonna customize the Traxxas rustler 4x4 that I'm getting and I'm gonna aim for 60mph off-road! I am also working on a custom on-road touring var that's completely custom! good luck with the kit! I am currently watching your youtube unboxing video! That was very nice of Graywolf to get you that kit! Merry Christmas everyone and have a happy new year! I'm gonna start a thread soon asking what you got for Christmas because I want to be able to use the classified forums! Happy holidays everybody! -Lucas

Awwwwww shucks... You guys making me blush :shame:

WF is my homie and hes been pining over this kit forever and I just couldnt let him pine any longer. Merry Christmas brutha!

1st of the build series added to original post here.

Not so much with Fusion, but it is kinda like some other software I have used. You should see me in MasterCam 😉

Dont let WF fool ya. Hes a wiz even in Fusion. Everytime he tries to show me something hes like "all you do is go up and here and click this and that and this , oh and over here you click this and we drag that over here and like 26 seconds later hes got a completed 3d part thats going to take 49.23 hours to print.

I'm always like "Say wuuuuuuuuuuuut?!"
Blown Away Wow GIF by Aminé

Episode 3 is up. Added some more pics to original post as well.

So far the build is going good. Had a couple goof ups on my end, but nothing too far into the build I couldn't back track quickly and fix. So far the build quality is as good as any other Kyosho kit I have done.

Last edited:
Got the chassis completed. Just need to paint the interior and driver. Going to dye the wing black too, but I am eventually going to buy an aluminum wing and aluminum nerf bars.
20221218_092353.jpg

20221218_092402.jpg

20221218_092228.jpg

Back