Kyosho Fazer not getting fuel to the motor - what might it be? Pulling hair out!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S1llyBilly

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hi all.
Having issues with my Kyosho Fazer ( shorturl.at/huzS9 ). It seems as if there is no fuel reaching the motor, unless I blow down the pressure pipe.
So far, I've had the exhaust off, the exhaust manifold off and the header off, sealed everything with gasket maker. When I am blowing down the pressure pipe (pipe from exhaust to fuel tank) the car runs without issue. The minute I put the pipe back on to the exhaust, there is no more fuel.

Could it be a jetting issue? Or is it something else that might be the issue?

The back pressure nozzle on the pipe letting air through? Sounds like no air is getting through since you can move fuel by blowing in to that line but the line isnt getting any pressure when its attached to the pipe.

I've just stripped the motor down completely, screwed everything back together tight, had the carb apart....and now it seems to work! Its a bit late to do a test run, but it seems to do its thing....so lets see tomorrow!

Ahhh might have been a partially clogged carb or something. Let us know how the test run goes :)

Good job. One of the challenges is to find out why the engine don't start. It sounds like what I dealt with my Kyosho FW06. I had tore down the engine and exhaust manifold. Engine wasn't starting. I bought some manifold gasket material from Autozone and made a gasket. Runs like a champ now. Also, FYI- Make sure u tighten the screws after every or a few runs to make sure there are consistent seals.

Last edited:
Back