Kyosho DBX 2.0?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Domijan91

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hey guys. I'm looking into buying my first nitro buggy. i have been doing some extensive research: Google, Youtube, and even on this forum. i have seen this one multiple times on here and many times on google. it the Kyosho DBX 2.0 What do you guys think about this buggy? anyone have/had one? what you think of the brand? let me know anything you know, facts/opinions, my ears are open. thanks for your help

I love mine, granted I dont use it much, because I've got a Jato and a Savage xx being built right now, it is basically a well built exceed forza. We all know exceed sucks, thats what the DBX is for! It's a great beginner buggy at a good price. I think for 260 dollars it can get you off into the world of Nitro!

---------- Post added at 9:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:39 PM ----------

essentially a well built exceed, backed by a well known Japanese company that alot of hobby shops carry parts for. If everyone that bought a forza from exceed bought one of these instead, Nitro would have a bigger fan base, and would lose less people to electric.

Thats what i have and its my first nitro. i love it. took me abit to learn tuning but now its easy. parts are easy to get aswell. i say good choice.

Kyosho make excellent everything. Quality is AAA+++. BUT, before you buy, go pull up an Ofna 1/8 Hyper 7 TQ Sport and look at how well it is made. I have 3 Ofna buggies. I have 2 Kyosho cars. I think the quality of the Ofna buggies is better. If I was in the market for one , I'd pick the Ofna. It's about the same price as the Kyosho.

Kyosho make excellent everything. Quality is AAA+++. BUT, before you buy, go pull up an Ofna 1/8 Hyper 7 TQ Sport and look at how well it is made. I have 3 Ofna buggies. I have 2 Kyosho cars. I think the quality of the Ofna buggies is better. If I was in the market for one , I'd pick the Ofna. It's about the same price as the Kyosho.

second that, If you really had to choose for durablility, an HPI savage is about as durable as it gets. And parts are EVERYWHERE! Hell, I've even seen some just laying in a flea market.any true hobby shop will carry Savage parts, and for that matter, Traxxas, HPI, associated and OFNA are really what all real hobby shops will have. Kyosho and Mugen Seiki and other japanese companies, and schumaker are a little harder to come by, but still make a good rig.

Are any of these companies universal with each other.
Ex: if I get a kyosho and bust a gear or part, could I go pick up a traxxas gear and it work? Maybe not those brands but maybe one of those more popular brands?

Kyosho makes good kits. I've never owned this particular one but I wouldnt hesitate to buy anything from Kyosho. The one thing that does concern me is that this is a 1/10 scale 4WD buggy. The vast majority of 1/10 scale buggy racing that goes on is 2WD. The vast majority of 1/8 scale racing that goes on is 4WD. If you dont care about racing then the buggy is probably fine but you could also save up another 50 bucks or so and get a 1/8 scale 4WD buggy like the OFNA Ultra LX2. granted its a basher and not a racer but I personally like my buggies in the 1/8th scale flavor. If you dont care about that then Id say have at it :)

Ex: if I get a kyosho and bust a gear or part, could I go pick up a traxxas gear and it work? Maybe not those brands but maybe one of those more popular brands?

most likely no, It would void warranty if you did anyway. use only aftermarkets and stock on rigs.

Its best just to get the parts made for your car, because if you have to mail order them, and the part you ordered dosent fit, thats a solid two maybe three weeks of downtime waiting for your part. I know that some parts on certain vehicles, like the Madbeast from exceed and savage from HPI are fairly interchangeable, the madbeast is just a real !@#$ty copy of the savage. and the forza from exceed works with alot of 1/10 scale from OFNA and Kyosho. I've actually got a forza brake disc system installed on my jato, and it works ten times better than the stock one. Its all just a trial and error thing if you wanna do it that way. But to make it easier, I'm assuming your a beginner, just order parts made for your car. Because that disk brake mod required dremeling, sanding and cutting metal to complete. Somthing that I was concerned about doing to my Jato even with 4 or 5 years of experience.

Its best just to get the parts made for your car, because if you have to mail order them, and the part you ordered dosent fit, thats a solid two maybe three weeks of downtime waiting for your part. I know that some parts on certain vehicles, like the Madbeast from exceed and savage from HPI are fairly interchangeable, the madbeast is just a real !@#$ty copy of the savage. and the forza from exceed works with alot of 1/10 scale from OFNA and Kyosho. I've actually got a forza brake disc system installed on my jato, and it works ten times better than the stock one. Its all just a trial and error thing if you wanna do it that way. But to make it easier, I'm assuming your a beginner, just order parts made for your car. Because that disk brake mod required dremeling, sanding and cutting metal to complete. Somthing that I was concerned about doing to my Jato even with 4 or 5 years of experience.

I am a beginner when it comes to nitro but I've been into and had an electric rc for 6+ years. It's kinda the same deal with electric. It can be done if wanting to but easier and probably faster to just go with the brands own part. I was just wonder if it was the same for nitro or of they were more/less interchangeable as electric and this really helped answer my question, thanks.

Not really. You pretty much have to stick with the brand you have. I've seen that you can use HPI pinion gears on some Mugen and Serpent clutches but as far as main parts like spur gears, motor mounts, frame parts and stuff like that, they do not interchange.

Back