Krazy glue vs tire glue

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caleb90

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Tire glue worth the extra coin or is it juat krazy glue?

I use protek rc medium ca tire glue. I think krazy glue is a lot heavier and sticker. I would use tire glue because just in case you need to get the tire of the wheel.

The only thing somewhat good about actual "tire glue" is you can get it in a medium consistency so that its not as runny. That being said, other than that its the same stuff and since super glue is dirt cheap on ebay I just use cheap Chinesium super glue.

Ca glue is all the same except consistency, I also use China ca glue tire glue is not worth extra experiance. Thin very short setup time seconds. med more time 24 hours mostly

Krazy Glue is just a brand name. To add to thread subject, some manufacturers will add "stuff" to CA glues to make it "their own". My all time favorite CA glue for the hobby has been bSi , because they relabel their product for RC hobby shops to sell in store as their "house brand"... I didn't even know I was buying bSi back in 1991-ish.
1671372997533.png

I prefer the thin stuff (blue), but starting out with doing your own gluing, I'd recommend a medium-ish thickness CA like the orange "tire" glue which is in between super thin/medium viscosities.

Need something right away and is carried by a lot of non-hobby shop stores? Loctite is a great medium thickness CA glue that gets things done.
1671373598043.png

I was just trying to remember the name of the crazy glue I used to use. bSi is the one. Our local hobby shop here used to sell it. I actually spoke to them on the phone about a year ago when I was looking for glue for PLA.

My CA tire glue of choice is JConcepts medium. Flows well. Allows for acetone soak tire removal without residue. Also, big plus for me, stores well for long periods. Keeping it in the airtight re-sealable bag in the refrigerator lengthens the life even more. Link below. 'AC'

JC CA glue

My CA tire glue of choice is JConcepts medium. Flows well. Allows for acetone soak tire removal without residue. Also, big plus for me, stores well for long periods. Keeping it in the airtight re-sealable bag in the refrigerator lengthens the life even more. Link below. 'AC'

JC CA glue
You brought up a good point... proper storage.

I try to save money where I can in the hobby. Buying large amounts of glue is pointless for me. I wasted so much glue buying the bigger bottles. 1/2 oz. will usually last me a year. YMMV.
Additional "tip": disposable tips makes life so much easier.
1671385856813.png

I was just trying to remember the name of the crazy glue I used to use. bSi is the one. Our local hobby shop here used to sell it. I actually spoke to them on the phone about a year ago when I was looking for glue for PLA.

I've only been to a handful of true RC hobby shops (many, many years ago) and these examples are what was usually at the front counter...
1671386845531.png

Last edited:
Technically, any brand of CA will get the job done, but it comes down to personal preference as to how thick you need the product as well as how easy it will be to apply it.

I don't care for thin CA's (i.e. Crazy Glue brand) where being too thin makes it cure too fast.

When I glue tires, I put a thick line into the bead, press-pull-press which forces the glue to spread evenly across the bead to ensure 100% contact patch across the entire bead. Not only does this get CA on both surfaces when I briefly pull it away, it starts the cure process and acts in similar fashion to contact cement which increases the bonding strength to ensure you don't lose any tread during a race.

I recently won some thin CA glue in a raffle at a big race event last month and foolishly decided to use it, I could NOT do the pull-press method and sure enough those tires are ungluing on me :(

The ONLY brand I have grown to trust is what HeavyBag recommended above being LOCTITE brand which is a cross between medium-thick which gives me about 10-15 seconds of working time to properly set the bead.

The most important thing to me is the applicator where I switch between 18ga and 20ga metal tips which fit perfectly on the LOCTITE bottles:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FSNQ7W1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PZKQG3Y/

I kinda wish they made a 19ga where 20ga doesn't quite spread enough and 18ga wastes a little more product than I like, but I'd rather waste some product than have tires unglue on me!

Tire Prep is also VERY important where I use the following method for 1/8 beads:

1) Use the cylinder shape stone bit on rotary tool to scuff the beads of both the tire and wheel
2) Use Simple Green to clean both beads of tire and wheel (also on 1/10 beads as well)

Last edited:
Krazy Glue is just a brand name. To add to thread subject, some manufacturers will add "stuff" to CA glues to make it "their own". My all time favorite CA glue for the hobby has been bSi , because they relabel their product for RC hobby shops to sell in store as their "house brand"... I didn't even know I was buying bSi back in 1991-ish.
View attachment 156971
I prefer the thin stuff (blue), but starting out with doing your own gluing, I'd recommend a medium-ish thickness CA like the orange "tire" glue which is in between super thin/medium viscosities.

Need something right away and is carried by a lot of non-hobby shop stores? Loctite is a great medium thickness CA glue that gets things done.
View attachment 156972
Technically, any brand of CA will get the job done, but it comes down to personal preference as to how thick you need the product as well as how easy it will be to apply it.

I don't care for thin CA's (i.e. Crazy Glue brand) where being too thin makes it cure too fast.

When I glue tires, I put a thick line into the bead, press-pull-press which forces the glue to spread evenly across the bead to ensure 100% contact patch across the entire bead. Not only does this get CA on both surfaces when I briefly pull it away, it starts the cure process and acts in similar fashion to contact cement which increases the bonding strength to ensure you don't lose any tread during a race.

I recently won some thin CA glue in a raffle at a big race event last month and foolishly decided to use it, I could NOT do the pull-press method and sure enough those tires are ungluing on me :(

The ONLY brand I have grown to trust is what HeavyBag recommended above being LOCTITE brand which is a cross between medium-thick which gives me about 10-15 seconds of working time to properly set the bead.

The most important thing to me is the applicator where I switch between 18ga and 20ga metal tips which fit perfectly on the LOCTITE bottles:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FSNQ7W1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PZKQG3Y/

I kinda wish they made a 19ga where 20ga doesn't quite spread enough and 18ga wastes a little more product than I like, but I'd rather waste some product than have tires unglue on me!

Tire Prep is also VERY important where I use the following method:

1) Use the cylinder shape stone bit on rotary tool to scuff the beads of both the tire and wheel
2) Use Simple Green to clean both beads of tire and wheel
So, you guys have me interested in trying the loctite super glue because I love loctite brand loctite but I have a question. Do you guys use the regular one as pictured by heavy bag or do you use the "Gel Control" variant?
Capture.JPG