Rpm vs Traxxas

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't like RPM for Traxxas because TRX plastic is already soft enough, and with RPM I had issues with screws backing out and threads stripping all over the place. Traxxas HD arms and stock (preferably aluminium) hubs for me.

I didn't like RPM for Traxxas because TRX plastic is already soft enough, and with RPM I had issues with screws backing out and threads stripping all over the place. Traxxas HD arms and stock (preferably aluminium) hubs for me.
Never had issues with screws backing out. Hmm. But I do agree that aluminum for hubs.

If any chance you go with aluminum, go with atomik RC Aluminum on Amazon. Pretty cheap compared to the Traxxas aluminum ones. I use those atomik ones in my rustler and slash. Pretty good hubs.

This same problem happens with Traxxas arms, where the hinge pin holes get stripped out.

For axle carriers, the best solution is aluminum.
Yeah I wanted to get aluminum but my dads giving me his old work truck and I gotta buy new tires and upper control arms..like ($1200) so I'm trying to save as much as much money as I can right now till the grass starts growing again...Anyway thanks for the input everyone

I have STRC aluminum caster blocks and rear hub carries with RPM arms and front bearing carries on all my traxxas 2wds, I also use STRC hardened suspension pin with the lock nuts. That combo seems to work well for me and those pin bend far less often than the e clip time and bind up less than the screw type.

I've had good luck with RPM arms on my Tmaxx and my 1/16 Traxxas trucks. But they were too flexible for my 1/10 Summit. Maybe they've changed over the years making them firmer so they held up better on heavier vehicles. As for axle carriers I would prefer aluminum or the stock plastic to hold the bearings firmly as opposed to soft plastic allowing some movement to them.