Kraton 6s issues

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

birdman375

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
Howsit guys, basically long story short, picked up second hand kraton 6s Friday night had a few go’s on it without crashing or flipping etc an now all of a sudden the car won’t work, powers up but no steering or power to the motor, Iv cleaned all the connections and recalibrated the esc but still nothing just a flashing red light, this is my first hobby grade electric car so I’m still new to a lot of this, any recommendations as to what I can do I’d appreciate it, I will get all new hardware anyways but wanted to get around the issue for now, it runs a max6 3s-6s ESC if that’s any help,

Kind regards
Chad

Make sure you have the receiver (remote) powered on before you power on the actual car.

Try that if it don't work do check back here someone else may have a better idea of what's going on.

Howsit guys, basically long story short, picked up second hand kraton 6s Friday night had a few go’s on it without crashing or flipping etc an now all of a sudden the car won’t work, powers up but no steering or power to the motor, Iv cleaned all the connections and recalibrated the esc but still nothing just a flashing red light, this is my first hobby grade electric car so I’m still new to a lot of this, any recommendations as to what I can do I’d appreciate it, I will get all new hardware anyways but wanted to get around the issue for now, it runs a max6 3s-6s ESC if that’s any help,

Kind regards
Chad
Welcome sounds like LVC low voltage cutoff. What batteries are you using. Are they fully charged 100%. Did you do a factory rest? I would make sure my lipos were fully charged. And do another calibration. Did you run it in snow? The esc's are NOT waterproof. If so you might have fried it

When you turn the car on, if the throttle trim is not centered, the car will not go. Center throttle trim before turning car on.
Probably should re-center trim and servo. Then recalibrate

Howsit guys Thankyou for the feedback, everything you guys have suggested I have already tried unfortunately, I dare turn the car on without controller on either incase it tears my workshop apart lol 😂as for batteries I checked charge on them and even used a fresh fully charged battery, i recalibrated the car twice with trims all set to zero, I’m using 6s batteries that came with the car, the batteries are new an only been used 3 times, I haven’t driven it in snow or got even got the electronics slightly wet so I have no idea as to why it’s just died apparently it’s just a thing with the max6 esc, Iv just bit the bullet an ordered a new spectrum blx 185 esc for it due to it apparently being more reliable, Iv heard these hobbywing max6 esc give people a lot of crap so just going to part with it, just hope nothing else has fried along with the esc,
Iv heard good things about the castle ESC’s but don’t know anyone personally who runs it, what would be a top shelf esc? Price ain’t an issue just want quality and reliability

Howsit guys Thankyou for the feedback, everything you guys have suggested I have already tried unfortunately, I dare turn the car on without controller on either incase it tears my workshop apart lol 😂as for batteries I checked charge on them and even used a fresh fully charged battery, i recalibrated the car twice with trims all set to zero, I’m using 6s batteries that came with the car, the batteries are new an only been used 3 times, I haven’t driven it in snow or got even got the electronics slightly wet so I have no idea as to why it’s just died apparently it’s just a thing with the max6 esc, Iv just bit the bullet an ordered a new spectrum blx 185 esc for it due to it apparently being more reliable, Iv heard these hobbywing max6 esc give people a lot of crap so just going to part with it, just hope nothing else has fried along with the esc,
Iv heard good things about the castle ESC’s but don’t know anyone personally who runs it, what would be a top shelf esc? Price ain’t an issue just want quality and reliability
Castle or Tekin is my goto electronics if price isn't a concern.

Castle all day for me sir 👍👍👍
Like @WickedFog said Tekin you also have maclan, there's a couple more can't think off top of head rite now. Besides castle buy its my esc of choice and motor. The hobby wing complete max line is haven problems over past 6months.

Last edited:
Yea price ain’t an issue, buy cheap buy twice as they say, wouldn’t be worth putting cheap stuff in a good quality car just asking for problems haha, alright guys Thankyou for your help! I’ll just cancel the order for the spectrum BLX185 and have a look at castle esc’s

Yea price ain’t an issue, buy cheap buy twice as they say, wouldn’t be worth putting cheap stuff in a good quality car just asking for problems haha, alright guys Thankyou for your help! I’ll just cancel the order for the spectrum BLX185 and have a look at castle esc’s
How did you make out man? Get what you were looking for?? And 100% agree with that statement. Spend the money up front for good electronics. In the end of going cheap you'll end up spending more then just buying good quality electronics...

Kind regards
Chad
You need a new steering servo...happens all the time... unplug the servo and power up the system and you should have power...then replace the servo and you will be good.
I have had this happen several times with my Kraton...new servo will fix the problem
If the servo is bad you the esc will still arm normally but you won't get any power to the motor
By unplugging the servo and powering up the system...you should then have power to the wheels as normal...then after replacing the servo with a new one the car should be 100%

Last edited: