Killer RC Nitro Kill Switch

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mico-sized shut-off valve. I have to say that is pretty cool. I know they were out there just finding them...No Wait...we just did right? Just like on aircraft set to fail safe. A lot of things are powered to the off position, better to have it and not need it....

Yes, thank you for clearing up all the speculation. Welcome to RCNT! Hope we can share lots of information on your product and all other things nitro!

Hello. I'm the owner of Killer Rc.
The nitro kill switch is about the size of your thumb and it goes inline with the fuel hose. It has a small circuit board and computer chip that controls when the valve opens and closes. All the parts are custom made specifically for this application, especially the valve. It uses very little battery power. It will work with about 95% of radios out there. We will even have a version that can work with 2ch radios, where you don't have any Aux channels to spare. It will retail under $80.

No more drama... so sad... :)

Welcome aboard!

Digging this back up.

Here is a pic of the actual unit.

bumble-beea.jpg

Any ETA on when this unit might be available? Looked on their website and couldn't find any info about the nitro kill switch just the large scale kill switch (which I need to pickup for my Baja SS).

It's under "Coming Soon" and states this fall which was is over today. LOL

We are doing the final testing on it next week. Then we just have to put a label on it and stuff like that. There is only 1 version and it works with almost all radios. It has 2 dip switches that allow you to control how it works with your radio. For example: It can automatically kill the engine if it detects a radio glitch, or it can be set to ignore radio glitches and only respond to Aux channel trim. We have also added a temperature sensor input. You can buy the optional temp sensor, and you can set it so that it automatically kills your engine if the temp gets too high. It will also automatically kill your engine if the battery voltage gets low or comes unplugged. This unit doesn't have to be placed close to the engine. It will kill the engine at the same duration, no matter where you place it inline. As soon as the valve closes a vacuum is created and fuel stops flowing. The engine just has to burn up whats in the carb body, and then the engine stops.

This product has really been a challenge to make. We went through many valve designs, trying to achieve optimum fuel flow. Also battery power consumption was a big obstacle, because NC valves require constant power to keep the valve open. But we have been able to get the power consumption down to 60ma, which is hardly anything. You shouldn't notice hardly any loss in battery run time. We are really excited about this product.

Last edited:
I have Venom failsafe that will cut the throttle when you hit a pre-set over temp condition...still not as cool as killing the engine all together but works I guess. I am interested in seeing one of these in action.

It is brilliant, i thought about the same thing when i first got a maxx, i was wondering, Traxxas, actually shut off there rigs these ways?? I had thought about putting a valve in the line, just as they did, just not radio controlled, i guess my way could be a "back yard maxx" way, if you don't like pinching the line, put in a valve! Jamming the fly wheel I've never heard of or tried, most times I'm either racing or drag racing, so depending, i sometimes just turn down the idle so it does not like to idle, run it and once i let it sit for so many secs it shuts off, so i guess thats one way you could do it, i wonder, would the same affect work, if you plugged the line that goes to the exhaust, the one that allows the exchange of air fuel in the tank, if you plugged that one, it would make a vacuum affect, i guess thats an idea too....Propps, the remote fuel cut off is next in line after the "on board starter" Great idea's, good creativity!

If you look at the picture of it on their site you can definitley tell its a fuel line connected to some kind of valve. IMO i think one of the reasons why you dont hear the engine rev up is because When you completely cut off the fuel it stalls, its just like putting your finger over a straw and trying to suck though it nothing happens.when you your self pinch the fuel line your not completely cutting off the fuel there is still fuel going by causing it to run lean and shut off. Just my .02 cents

Yes it's a valve. Check page 2. Lol.

Back