looking for nitro rc kill switch recommendations

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pelicanprentice

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
i have a hpi savage x 4.6 nitro and i want to install a kill switch for safety, i recently hand a run away and no fail safe (sorry I'm a n00b) so now i got a new remote coming with a failsafe and i also want a kill switch, i would prefer a kill switch that also shuts off the engine when battery is cut off or voltage is too low or whatever, i dont want it to only shutoff from a switch with my remote. hope that makes sense

is there only 1 manufacturer of these or are there more? i assume since we are nitro we need one that cuts off fuel?

thx!

The killerrc stops the fuel which is extreme. A fail safe is more than enough. All I use is
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nitro-Rc-C...773429?hash=item4b8c159b35:g:mHcAAOSwlINbySe3

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Dynami...829455&hash=item4d9cb47579:g:E0kAAOSwqUteXRAQ
I do use the killerrc for gas and a fail safe.

thanks for the reply my friend! if my radio has a fail safe already built in, is there a need to get a seperate one? after my crash i feel like i might even invest in the killerrc one but willing to take advice

thx

NO! These are for older radios. I use them because they are cheaper than buying a new radio. I use M11 and Hitec lynx 3. I need radios with muti models storage. and I can convert to 2.4 later if needed. Cheaper than buying a new radio. I only buy good radios that will last longer than what I need. I do have a Hitec 4s but the receivers are expensive. I only use for GAS. I don't use the killer rc nitro switch. Fail safe is is better than nothing for nitro and I'm not buying 60 of them.

NO! These are for older radios. I use them because they are cheaper than buying a new radio. I use M11 and Hitec lynx 3. I need radios with muti models storage. and I can convert to 2.4 later if needed. Cheaper than buying a new radio. I only buy good radios that will last longer than what I need. I do have a Hitec 4s but the receivers are expensive. I only use for GAS. I don't use the killer rc nitro switch. Fail safe is is better than nothing for nitro and I'm not buying 60 of them.
ahh yeah gotcha thank you my friend!!

I see no need to buy a new radio just to get fail safe if your happy with what you have. Unless your like me that needs a radio with more model memory and channels.

Back