Just priced Xmaxx 4s with all bells and whistles at LHS.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rcrookie 43

RC Newbie
Reaction score
4s power hobby, light kit, the Bluetooth module and the Maxx 4s comes out to $773.40. I think it's a bit too much for just a 1/10 MT no? I already have an Outcast 6s, so I don't know if it even makes sense to get a maxx 4s. Thoughts? I like the looks of the Maxx 4s, but I'm still on the fence. That's at the LHS.

4s power hobby, light kit, the Bluetooth module and the Maxx 4s comes out to $773.40. I think it's a bit too much for just a 1/10 MT no? I already have an Outcast 6s, so I don't know if it even makes sense to get a maxx 4s. Thoughts? I like the looks of the Maxx 4s, but I'm still on the fence. That's at the LHS.
imo way to pricey for what you get.

The Xmaxx really is not a 1/10 scale its a tad bigger than a 1/8 scale... and can be run on up to 8s ...I've had my converted xmaxx for a few years now and love it...

The Xmaxx really is not a 1/10 scale its a tad bigger than a 1/8 scale... and can be run on up to 8s ...I've had my converted xmaxx for a few years now and love it...
I'm talking about the new Maxx 4s. Are you talking about the xmaxx 8s? That's a bigger vehicle.

imo way to pricey for what you get.
I think that I'm going to wait and see what Arrma comes up with in a few days better. I would like to pick up a used maxx 4s in the future. Maybe. Hehe. I currently have an Outcast 6s, a Typhon 6s and a Kraton 6s. My rigs are tons of fun, so......

Its all good in this hobby .I think I was the 1 that got things confused. all that matters is having fun and yes 750 + is way over priced for a 1/10 scale. I have over 3K invested in a racing clod

Its all good in this hobby .I think I was the 1 that got things confused. all that matters is having fun and yes 750 + is way over priced for a 1/10 scale. I have over 3K invested in a racing clod
If I'm going to pay $750 for such a small vehicle, doesn't it make sense to just get an Xmaxx 8s for a couple of hundred dollars more? Even though I have my reservations on paying almost $1k for an RC vehicle ?. And people keep saying that mist likely you'll need to replace the xmaxx 8a ESC too, but that is another conversation. Hehe. Thoughts? Like I said, I'll wait for the Arrma unveiling.

For what it is, it's priced a tad high. It's a bit larger than a stampede 4x4 vxl 3S ($380) and smaller than a revo 2.0 6S ($580). They should have offered it at $480, then at least it would make a bit more sense as a tween truck.

If I were starting new and had to have a traxxas, I'd have a hard time buying the new maxx as well. I'd lean more towards the ERBEv2 considering what you get and the cost difference. I converted my v1 to a 2.0 (sans electronics and body) and I have to say, with minimal upgrades, it's a beast. I jump it just as far/hard as my outcast and it just keeps coming back for more.

Pretty sure the new arrma is going to be 1/7th or larger, which means 8S or 2x4S, more mass/weight usually means more damage and a less agile vehicle. Considering the suffering I've had with the diffs in my 6S outcast... I'll be curious what they come up with that they put 8S into. Their ring/pinion in all their 6S trucks really needs revisiting. I've spent half the purchase price on my outcast in the past year on diffs. Just installed my 6th or 7th recently. Reminds me of my big block 2.5 maxx days...

I wouldn't mind replacing my stampede 4x4 vxl with the maxx... maybe down the line when rollers become available for half the cost. The stampede decked out was a pricey path to take and in the end, it's just too small for most of where I run now. Need a bit more mass, power and ground clearance.

For what it is, it's priced a tad high. It's a bit larger than a stampede 4x4 vxl 3S ($380) and smaller than a revo 2.0 6S ($580). They should have offered it at $480, then at least it would make a bit more sense as a tween truck.

If I were starting new and had to have a traxxas, I'd have a hard time buying the new maxx as well. I'd lean more towards the ERBEv2 considering what you get and the cost difference. I converted my v1 to a 2.0 (sans electronics and body) and I have to say, with minimal upgrades, it's a beast. I jump it just as far/hard as my outcast and it just keeps coming back for more.

Pretty sure the new arrma is going to be 1/7th or larger, which means 8S or 2x4S, more mass/weight usually means more damage and a less agile vehicle. Considering the suffering I've had with the diffs in my 6S outcast... I'll be curious what they come up with that they put 8S into. Their ring/pinion in all their 6S trucks really needs revisiting. I've spent half the purchase price on my outcast in the past year on diffs. Just installed my 6th or 7th recently. Reminds me of my big block 2.5 maxx days...

I wouldn't mind replacing my stampede 4x4 vxl with the maxx... maybe down the line when rollers become available for half the cost. The stampede decked out was a pricey path to take and in the end, it's just too small for most of where I run now. Need a bit more mass, power and ground clearance.
Thanks for your input. Since the price was almost the same I went ahead and ordered an Xmaxx 8s. I'm going to give it a whirl. Just the ESC Is what concerns me, but it's a brand new vehicle so warranty would take care of any issues. I just hope it doesn't catch on fire. I've had good luck with my Outcast 6s 2018 version. I only ruined the rear ring gear and output drive once so far. I put a shim right behind the outputting drive and the bearing (on the inside) and that seems to be helping. Yeah, all vehicles need tweeking. Hehe. I'm also going to use aftermarket batteries with the Traxxas connector to begin with. If the ESC fails, I'll warranty it, and will get me a max 6 esc and would change out the plugs on the mentioned batteries. Wish me luck!

I've shimmed every one of mine to have nearly no gear lash, but the small teeth, thin ring gear and seemingly soft metal just doesn't hold up well at all.

Haven't heard/read much bad about the 8S XMaxx's lately.

I think that I'm going to wait and see what Arrma comes up with in a few days better. I would like to pick up a used maxx 4s in the future. Maybe. Hehe. I currently have an Outcast 6s, a Typhon 6s and a Kraton 6s. My rigs are tons of fun, so......
Better get that Mojave’s, looks badass would be less than the maxx, plus it looks like you already got the batteries to run it, it’s the next on my list

Better get that Mojave’s, looks badass would be less than the maxx, plus it looks like you already got the batteries to run it, it’s the next on my list
Nah. I already have 3 Arrmas. I want to try something a little different if you know what I mean. Hehe. Don't get me wrong, I love my Arrmas. The Typhon 6s is a beast. And I truggified it too.

Nah. I already have 3 Arrmas. I want to try something a little different if you know what I mean. Hehe. Don't get me wrong, I love my Arrmas. The Typhon 6s is a beast. And I truggified it too.
Not sure there is another brand great for bashing. You could try a race brand like Tekno or Losi possibly. Otherwise Arrma is really the best choice in bashers...

Not sure there is another brand great for bashing. You could try a race brand like Tekno or Losi possibly. Otherwise Arrma is really the best choice in bashers...

LOL....I don't know about that ,usually ,no one wants to spend that much money on a racing version of any kind
to just beat on!....?

i know in a few of the nitro groups I'm in, alot of people really like the Losi 8ight-T platform for bashing, I'm curious if the same would go for their electric equivalent (8ight-T E) just a thought. a new RC is a new RC, unless the price is over inflated i dont think you could go wrong with a new one :p

i know in a few of the nitro groups I'm in, alot of people really like the Losi 8ight-T platform for bashing, I'm curious if the same would go for their electric equivalent (8ight-T E) just a thought. a new RC is a new RC, unless the price is over inflated i dont think you could go wrong with a new one :p

You mean bashing something like this?

LOL....I don't know about that ,usually ,no one wants to spend that much money on a racing version of any kind
to just beat on!....?
Some bashers claim that the Tekno MT 410 is one of the best bashers out there no?

Some bashers claim that the Tekno MT 410 is one of the best bashers out there no?

Well ,this very same subject popped up before on other places ,however ,just like everything else in RC's ,the
subject maybe contovercial ,one thing that arises ,is ,what is your definition of a basher ,because mine is very
very heavy ,I will crumble that kit!

yes, lots of people in my nitro group swear by these for bashing. some pretty impressive air in their vids.

did find this for an electric version.

I love it ,an I am not talking about the truck ,its the person!
LOL....Now that is someone that isnt afraid to push their stuff to the limit!.....:thumbs-up::thumbs-up:

Back