just painted my first lid...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adeezy9183

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hey guys here it is. i was gonna try true fire with blue, but i didn't have the right paint so i went with this. i think it turned out purdy good considering it's my first one. o and the body is a 1970 ford f-100. it's going on my flux.

not bad for masking tape huh?

Nice, can't wait to see it on the flux, instead of the flush.

lol thanks! how you liking your new free savage?

surprisingly simple, yet unrefined. lol actually looks really realistic! +1 for realism.:first_place:

surprisingly simple, yet unrefined. lol actually looks really realistic! +1 for realism.:first_place:

Agreed, very intense looking with a simple taste, for a first paint job I'll do a +1 as well w/ a lite dremel sand on the wheel cutouts. Nice job!:)

yep the dremel is coming to the wheel wells, but thanks for the great comments. I used liquid mask at first and i was cutting it out, and in some areas(more than others) it was too thin to peel off, so i just washed the whole body again and used masking tape and i was painting in 15 minutes. that bob dively is good stuff, but you REALLY need to get 'er on there thick for it to peel off easily.

yep the dremel is coming to the wheel wells, but thanks for the great comments. I used liquid mask at first and i was cutting it out, and in some areas(more than others) it was too thin to peel off, so i just washed the whole body again and used masking tape and i was painting in 15 minutes. that bob dively is good stuff, but you REALLY need to get 'er on there thick for it to peel off easily.

use caution with the dremel, they tend to bite off a lot with little effort.. i ended up doing some sanding just to avoid irreversible mistakes. It's all in what works best for you though

Back