First body I’ve painted

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daSNAK3

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
So I’m new around here, pretty much just got into RC cars. I just picked up a XMaxx and I’m a Ford guy so I had to pickup a Proline Raptor body for it.. picked up the clear Pre-Cut body. I have no experience with this stuff and this was my first crack at it… I think it came out alright.. I went to spray the windows with VHT Nite Shades to give it a tint.. and my dumb ass was rushing and grabbed the wrong can and used caliper paint.. so not sure how that’s going to affect the body’s paint, if at all, still pissed about it.

I don’t think it came out too bad for my first try, I think I can do better for sure, it was a good learning experience and I’m sure I will do many more.
2E02A8A1-C9D9-4918-9E56-EBBD3A0931A0.jpeg
EA3CBA22-477C-4AAA-B883-ADEF65E2BB69.jpeg
4B9B1DAA-63FC-4892-BC08-E607568C5092.jpeg
B375AF2B-5D93-470F-98F6-56D72CC46860.jpeg
04CD7E2B-DDAC-4EAE-A566-33C2DEE807C1.jpeg
01EDE6A4-1117-47D9-B765-62D31CA97D22.jpeg
D54F94D3-876F-4F52-9147-14C320EF4E8F.jpeg
EC078A41-5B4B-4958-A33A-1614C1EE8F79.jpeg

Looks good 👍 it's not as easy as it looks is it?

Looks pretty good to me. You'll get better the more ya do but theres nothing wrong with that one!

Alot better then my first. I still mess up here and there because I lack patience I guess you can say.

great_sucess.png
images.jpg
IMG_0536.JPG
IMG_0544.JPG

I did one for a buddy. Working headlites, amber markers, tails, and the exhaust stacks in the bed light up on acceleration. I used chameleon paint. Yours looks to be more authentic, but this guy was looking for light and sound, and something to bash. Still has the protective skin from the factory, as I always deliver bodies that way.

That's the same body I was wanting for our X-Maxx build. Can't wait to see it on the truck! Looks great!

Looks good, we are always our own worst critic. If this was your first, your next is going to be awesome.

Forgot yo say, on my bodies I put tape on the light decal, cut it out, then mask off the lights incase I want to add leds later on. Gives a cleaner look then drilling holes everywhere.

View attachment 151761View attachment 151762View attachment 151763View attachment 151764
I did one for a buddy. Working headlites, amber markers, tails, and the exhaust stacks in the bed light up on acceleration. I used chameleon paint. Yours looks to be more authentic, but this guy was looking for light and sound, and something to bash. Still has the protective skin from the factory, as I always deliver bodies that way.

I had the gray and black paint already and was browsing other colors and I almost waited and ordered the chameleon style paint.. that will probably be the color I use for my next one. Reminds of the Terminator Cobra.. my dream car when I was younger.

Thanks for all the kind words, I appreciate it. I’ve been sleeping all day, I gotta work next three nights, once I get a day off then I’ll put this body on the truck and see how it looks.

Back