Just got a Mini Mac

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastEddy

The Slowest Guy In Town
Supporter
RCTalk Vendor
Reaction score
I got a Mini Mac today and am in the process of trying to figure it out. I used a Mac just one other time in my life and at that time wasn't impressed at all. I have to say they have come a long way in making easy to use from a windows users point of view.

I got a great deal on a G4 (not the new intel unit. Thats why it was on sale) Its a 1.4, 80 gig HD, Super drive, 512 megs of ram, Airport, and bluetooth all in a case about the size of a box of chocolates.

It seems to have a lot of software built in so I'm not in need of anything at this point other then a photo editing program such a photoshop. Do any of you Mac users have any good suggestions as to some essential software to look at?

My wife still has to use one every now and then at her work, I'll ask her about it tomorrow.

i just saw a little box at costco maybe a 8x8 white box with the apple symbol on it and me and my wife was like is this the whole thing???i told her its a printer...lol hell it looks like a little photo printer...pretty impressive

Eddy, rocknbil seems to be the Macintosh guru! He helped me a bunch on some Mac issues I was having not too long ago.

So far I have figured everything out. I'm now on a quest to find some software. If any one can be of help, PM me

Gimp seems interesting. I just downloaded it to my PC and it’s not that difficulty to use. Ill put it on the Mac when I get home and see if I can get used to it.

Thanks.

FastEddy said:
Gimp seems interesting. I just downloaded it to my PC and it’s not that difficulty to use. Ill put it on the Mac when I get home and see if I can get used to it.

Thanks.

For the most part it does everything that Photoshop can do... like working in layers etc.....

enjoy!

sLY

Back