Just Couldn't Resists! 3.0

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Headlight cages, hood vents, hood hinges, different snorkel, door handle, door hinges. That looks fantastic!!!! :thumbs-up:
Winner, winner, chicken dinner!
@TurboChargedHonda You forgot the stickers on the roof rack. ;)
@Xraycer Habanero is looking awesome! love the new details!!!! 😍
I actually didn't even consider the stickers, but I suppose you're right ☺️

.....and the movie line?

A closer look
0806211559c.jpg
0806211600b.jpg
0806211559a.jpg

Last edited:
I new it had Mathew Brodrick, and was the computer wargame but couldn't remember the name so I cheated and had to look it up. Duh! Well I should have been able to remember "Wargames"

The details are very nice, really helps with the realism.

I new it had Mathew Brodrick, and was the computer wargame but couldn't remember the name so I cheated and had to look it up. Duh! Well I should have been able to remember "Wargames"

The details are very nice, really helps with the realism.
I still laugh, remembering when you had to connect your landline handset to that coupling device to get onto the then very boring, barren internet 😆

I'm loving these accessories, so now I'll have to see how well these small glued-on accessories will stand up to the rigors of crawling.

Technology changes so fast. Not long ago we were watching an episode of Adam Twelve, and they had to run to a house, and borrow a phone, to call in an emergency, because they didn't have radios in squad cars yet.

@Xraycer I'm starting to get the itch to detail my defender body even though it has never seen a speck of actual outside dirt in its life and resides on my txt-1 on my shelf 🤣

@Xraycer I'm starting to get the itch to detail my defender body even though it has never seen a speck of actual outside dirt in its life and resides on my txt-1 on my shelf 🤣
Even shelf queens need some lovin', give her the bling she deserves!

Already on it @Doom! I sold a few things and I've decided to bling out the defender and finish my trx4 sport rebuild with the lexan body. I'm headed down to Phoenix in a couple weeks so I'm going raid some shops down there to see what they have in stock

Wargames - man I haven't watched that for years. I used to have a modem like the one he has. That was back when pushbutton phones were a new technology. I have seen vids where parents presented an old dial phone to their kids to see if they could figure out how to disl a number. Funny chit!

@Xraycer - the Habanero is looking sweet! I am so jealous!

Shelf queens definitely needs details!
@Xraycer - the Habanero is looking sweet! I am so jealous!
Don't be jealous, just get your own! 😉

Traxxas 8011 1/10 Scale Land Rover Defender Body (Clear, Requires Painting) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072MTMMG...abc_HVDVAYNXTC14SS7FEZW3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:
Needed to haul some supplies through some rugged terrain, so Habanero was assigned the task. The new cargo net was put into use, securing the excess supplies onto the roof.

Notice the new bling?
1001211643e.jpg
1001211644b.jpg
1001211646b.jpg

Habanero got some new shoes!

The Defender is very top heavy with such a tall body and all the extra added bling. It needs the extra weight down low. I've already added brass portal covers, and it has made a huge improvement. I've been wanting to add more weight via replacing the plastic stock plastic wheels with metal ones. Due to the large size of the front brass portal covers, none of the wheels I currently have would fit. I've finally found an aluminum set(DJX), on Amazon, and at $37, the price was absolutely right!
These came yesterday, and they were nearly a perfect fit. While the wheels cleared the brass portal covers, the axle screw did not go through far enough to get much threading from the nut. The TRX4 thread portion is 4mm, but at the base, it expands to 5mm. The new wheels' holes are 4mm. So, I took a 5mm drill to expand the hole. Everything now fits perfect!
Along with my wheels order, also came the beadlock mounting jig, that I wanted to try. Using the jig, I was very impressed how it made the mounting process so, so much simpler! The Defender's stock Canyon Trail tires went onto the new wheels. These were the tires I had utilized acetone fumes to break the adhesive on the stock plastic wheels.
1007211917a.jpg

1007211915a.jpg
1007211913a.jpg
1007211913.jpg
1007212002.jpg

I also got a chance to do a quick run with the new shoes after the install. The new wheels added a whopping 1.25lb to the Defender, bringing the overall weight to now 9.33lb! This additional weight really impacted the high speed. Not that big of a deal for me, since I really don't really go max speed very often. I'll try to get it on the trail this weekend for a full test.
While I really like the looks of these wheels, I'm not sure I really like how it looks with the Defender body. Maybe it'll grow on me. I'll just have to wait and see.
1008210418_Burst01.jpg

Looks good to me. I'm assuming this will be a big performance boost

Looks good to me. I'm assuming this will be a big performance boost
Won't know until I fully run it. Too much overall weight can be detrimental to crawling performance. So, it's a balance.
The Defender with the stock plastic wheels was already an excellent crawler. I just wanted to see if this would further improve upon it. It may not.