Just Couldn't Resists! 3.0

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2nd clue: the name of this model is the same as that of an 80's video game

0612211042.jpg

Man, that is some beautiful terrain around you, especially for crawlers! What state is this?

All those years of playing Defender on the Atari 2600 finally paid off! ;)

Looks great!
Thank you!

Now you can tell your parents, that they were wrong about you wasting your time playing silly video games 😆

Thank you!

Now you can tell your parents, that they were wrong about you wasting your time playing silly video games 😆
Thats funny because my Dad used to ride me all the time when I was young about playing computer games or just playing with computers in general. (He was a blue collar worker and could barely figure out how to turn one on so I dont think he understood.) Fast forward 25 years and now I manage a government IT contract. To bad he never got to see me prove him wrong. Oh well lol 🤷‍♂️

Thats funny because my Dad used to ride me all the time when I was young about playing computer games or just playing with computers in general. (He was a blue collar worker and could barely figure out how to turn one on so I dont think he understood.) Fast forward 25 years and now I manage a government IT contract. To bad he never got to see me prove him wrong. Oh well lol 🤷‍♂️
I bet he would be proud of you 😉

@Xraycer I was right, I'm jealous! You suck! 🤣
.....and, now, it's worth it! 😆

Ok, there won't be any more, "guess what's in the stupid box" thread for a while. 3 brand new crawlers, in less than 2mo, should good for awhile.

Last edited:
Nice Defender! Have fun with it! What upgrades are you planning on getting?
It's running very well as is, so I'm not sure if its really necessary, at this point. Certainly some cosmetic bling to sharpen up it's looks.

Last edited:
Id like to think so :)
I just found it funny cuz he was all the time telling me, get off that computer and stop wasting your life! lol
Haha sounds like me with my son right now on his Xbox. The big difference today is that the players are interacting with one another without having to be actually in the same room. I suppose even though he's by himself, he's still socializing with his peers. He does sound like he's having a fun time as well, so I suppose I could cut him some slack.

Haha sounds like me with my son right now on his Xbox. The big difference today is that the players are interacting with one another without having to be actually in the same room. I suppose even though he's by himself, he's still socializing with his peers. He does sound like he's having a fun time as well, so I suppose I could cut him some slack.
Honestly for me, my main concern for children and teens is just are they getting equal parts exercise with their computer time. I say that because having been obssessed with computers and electronics most of my life I didnt get enough of the former and now I'm a hair from 50, fat, witha couple health issues I wouldnt have had if Id been as active in sports as I was at computers and gaming. Of course I'm trying to make changes these last few years but I should have been more physically active as a kid and young adult so i wouldnt have ended up with these issues in the first place.

My dad let me slide on the physical activity side but one thing he didnt let me slide on was my grades in school so I guess thats also equally important. Funny how life changes as we get older :)

Honestly for me, my main concern for children and teens is just are they getting equal parts exercise with their computer time. I say that because having been obssessed with computers and electronics most of my life I didnt get enough of the former and now I'm a hair from 50, fat, witha couple health issues I wouldnt have had if Id been as active in sports as I was at computers and gaming. Of course I'm trying to make changes these last few years but I should have been more physically active as a kid and young adult so i wouldnt have ended up with these issues in the first place.

My dad let me slide on the physical activity side but one thing he didnt let me slide on was my grades in school so I guess thats also equally important. Funny how life changes as we get older :)
My son spends a lot of time on his Xbox, but he's an honor student and a very good soccer player. So, can't really justify giving him much flack.