Just bought the Arrma Senton Mega from a tower hobbies scratch and dent sale

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one of these coming on Wednesday, but I have an Onyx brushless setup waiting to go in it... and if it's like the Slash, with my skills, 2S will be plenty.

I'm surprised but no, no fire. It survived a full 3s pack, partly due to my wife's conservative throttle finger. The esc got really really hot though. My temp gun was dying when I checked it and it said 170 at the esc heat sink but I'm not sure thats accurate. I doubt it will take much more of that.

Went from 18mph on NiMh to 26mph on 3s lipo. The wife even got some air at the skate park. I heard her giggle a few times when she jumped which in turn made me giggle. Good times.

Any suggestions on a brushless upgrade? I have a Novak Havoc Pro that I used to run on a 2wd Losi SCT when I used to race. It's only rated for 2s max though. That might be enough for the wife but I'd have to buy batteries. I have a lot of lipo's but all 3s and up. I'd either have to buy a motor and a couple 2s batteries or a brushless combo that will run 3s.

I am not sure what all the differences are between the BLX and the Mega, but going up in power might warrant some additional upgrades as Rob66 said earlier about getting the BLX slipper and motor plate. I'd have a look around Jenny's for upgraded components. You can get all the BLX stuff there, including the motor and ESC pretty cheap.

Note: Jenny's doesn't keep a lot of things in stock, but if you request an email notification for the parts you want, they ususlly get them in stock based on people doing that.

Is the big rock brushless motor/esc combo the same as the senton blx stuff? I see Jenny's is sold out of the senton brushless stuff but has the big rock stuff. The part numbers she lists are different but the esc and motor look the same. I'm confused....
Its definitely a cheap option. 80 bucks for both isn't much more than buying gool rc stuff.

Is the big rock brushless motor/esc combo the same as the senton blx stuff? I see Jenny's is sold out of the senton brushless stuff but has the big rock stuff. The part numbers she lists are different but the esc and motor look the same. I'm confused....
Its definitely a cheap option. 80 bucks for both isn't much more than buying gool rc stuff.
Yes.

Thanks Rob!
I got the motor, esc, motor mount plate and fan, and the slipper clutch assembly all from Jenny's. I got the HD rear diff input gear from amazon. Anything else I'm forgetting?

Last edited:
Thanks Rob!
I got the motor, esc, motor mount plate and fan, and the slipper clutch assembly all from Jenny's. I got the HD rear diff input gear from amazon. Anything else I'm forgetting?
We’re doing the same things at the same time pretty much! I’ll wait to see how yours turns out but this is what I was thinking of. Can you send a link to the rear diff input gear on Amazon?

I thought the same thing until I priced them on amazon and a few hobby sites. Around 90 everywhere else. Does seem kinda high but by the looks of the factory one, I'm going to need it.

Thanks Rob!
I don’t think you need the input gears, but I could be wrong ( V2 Mega come with blx diffs).

Adjustable steering links might be worth it.

Oh almost forgot, get a center drive support, pretty crucial for brushless systems.

I forgot to mention but I did get the center driveshaft support from amazon as well.

Should I not run it brushless until I get the support installed? I'll have the brushless parts by the weekend minus the support which may be next weekend.

I didn't pay enough attention to the V1/V2 differences until you mentioned that Robb, thank you. So the V2 is the same as this?

I forgot to mention but I did get the center driveshaft support from amazon as well.

Should I not run it brushless until I get the support installed? I'll have the brushless parts by the weekend minus the support which may be next weekend.

I didn't pay enough attention to the V1/V2 differences until you mentioned that Robb, thank you. So the V2 is the same as this?
The one you linked is the V1 mega one, BLX/V2 Mega ones part number is : ARA311031

You can run the car without the center drive shaft, but if you hear a whacking noise or notice the center drive shaft shaving down you probably should stop running.

Back