Just bought the Arrma Senton Mega from a tower hobbies scratch and dent sale

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hadn’t heard of scratch and dent so went to check the site. $150 with a battery? Bought within 15 minutes. Lol. Seems like they have plenty of them as well. Will keep you all updated
Nice score. Tower is always haven that sale. If your a premium member you get all sorts of rldeal all the time. Same with horizon who owns tower these days...

Nice score. Tower is always haven that sale. If your a premium member you get all sorts of rldeal all the time. Same with horizon who owns tower these days...
Do you think it would be worth it to sign up for premium to snag some deals for personal use and reselling?

150us with battery ?

STEAL
great deal. buy one cheap 40us brushless 60a combo from banggood and enjoy 2-3s

total 190bucks brushless, pretty sick deal

I had to get one too. That's a good deal. Thanks for the heads up Glitch!! This will keep my nephews from breaking my slash when they come over 😁

Do you think it would be worth it to sign up for premium to snag some deals for personal use and reselling?
That would be up to you bud. They do have tons of sales threw out the yr. And then you collect points. On your orders. To then get discounts and items for points. After you collect enough points... alot of the guys are members on tower and horizon since they own almost every hobby company at this point

150us with battery ?

STEAL
great deal. buy one cheap 40us brushless 60a combo from banggood and enjoy 2-3s

total 190bucks brushless, pretty sick deal
Another banggood lover! Just got a wltoys a959b for $50 off bg. Disappointing how stuff keeps breaking (one front shock and now the front suspension tower) but the speed is crazy, my family clocked it at 36 mph on the speed check sign on our road. Stock battery motor etc. Maybe I should do a little writeup on it on the forum.

Another banggood lover! Just got a wltoys a959b for $50 off bg. Disappointing how stuff keeps breaking (one front shock and now the front suspension tower) but the speed is crazy, my family clocked it at 36 mph on the speed check sign on our road. Stock battery motor etc. Maybe I should do a little writeup on it on the forum.
Some of the WLToys stuff is pretty durable. I just wish they would take the next step and make their stuff better by using better electronics.

I got my senton today front the scratch and dent sale. Shipping was pretty fast (3 days). I found it odd that the box was in mint condition, no damage whatsoever. No scratches or dents. I'm guessing they were just having trouble selling them. I also found it odd that the wall charger in the box doesn't come with an adapter for house electrical in the US. Not a big deal, have plenty of chargers, just found it odd. I'm waiting on the battery to charge so my wife can put some scratches on it.

I think they just had a batch that was slated for the European market that was mis-shipped to the us and it's easier for them to put it in the scratch and dent sale than to remedy the error. I have seen others say the didn't get the U.S. plug adapter from the scratch and dent sale too.

I think they just had a batch that was slated for the European market that was mis-shipped to the us and it's easier for them to put it in the scratch and dent sale than to remedy the error. I have seen others say the didn't get the U.S. plug adapter from the scratch and dent sale too.
Some one on AF said that they were meant to go to Russia.

All just speculation though.

I got my senton today front the scratch and dent sale. Shipping was pretty fast (3 days). I found it odd that the box was in mint condition, no damage whatsoever. No scratches or dents. I'm guessing they were just having trouble selling them. I also found it odd that the wall charger in the box doesn't come with an adapter for house electrical in the US. Not a big deal, have plenty of chargers, just found it odd. I'm waiting on the battery to charge so my wife can put some scratches on it.
Hell yeah. That's awesome and a sweet score.. can't beat that because of shipping errors.. bash away

This was my attempt at getting my wife to bash instead of just crawling. We took it out yesterday and for the money spent, I'm impressed. I quickly remembered why I hate NiMh batteries though. Definitely gotta switch it up to lipo. Do you guys think the esc will handle a 3s? can't really find any specs that say one way or another. I have a spare max 10 and a Novak havoc pro I could swap the brushed system out for but I'm tempted to see what color the smoke is inside the factory esc. Were supposed to go out later today on a long outing and I'm just a connector swap away from finding out.

This was my attempt at getting my wife to bash instead of just crawling. We took it out yesterday and for the money spent, I'm impressed. I quickly remembered why I hate NiMh batteries though. Definitely gotta switch it up to lipo. Do you guys think the esc will handle a 3s? can't really find any specs that say one way or another. I have a spare max 10 and a Novak havoc pro I could swap the brushed system out for but I'm tempted to see what color the smoke is inside the factory esc. Were supposed to go out later today on a long outing and I'm just a connector swap away from finding out.
What's it got in it now?

It’s only 2s compatible, but if you convert to brushless, the drivetrain takes it if you swap the slipper and motor plate to the BLX version.

Its the factory arrma brushed system. The esc is the ARA390288 with a 12t 550 can motor..

Any guesses on how long it lasts on 3s? :cool: I'll try it today and update yall later. Should be .... interesting.

Last edited:
Its the factory arrma brushed system. The esc is the ARA390288 with a 12t 550 can motor..

Any guesses on how long it lasts on 3s? :cool: I'll try it today and update yall later. Should be .... interesting.
Oh it will definitely be interesting to find out. Might get a run out of it. Should be fun either way. Happy bashing👍👍

This is exactly what I want to know. Glad you’re willing to take one for the team to figure this out 😉

Back