Just about time to quit...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edfrombama

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Good evening to all-
The day was warm and the breeze was just a whisper coming off the Gulf of Mexico, so I grabbed up my little Spitfire microwarbird and walked down to the flying field. Nice day it was- just about perfect.
I ground-launched the little Spitfire- it's by the way, my best flier of all of my little microplanes- and I flew it out over the field, gained a little altitude and started doing easy and smooth loops- fun to do with this plane. Then I took it back up again and worked on my rolls- not too bad. then I tried some climbing rolls coming out of a loop- still need some work here.
The battery was starting to run down- the little plane just sounds different when the battery plays out, so I did an approach to the landing road, and made a good base turn and lined up on the roadway. I brought the plane in at proper speed, leveled it off, and then set it down in a fade.
Friends, that's just about the best landing I've done. The plane rolled to a stop, and that's when I decided, it was time to quit for the day. I can't do any better than that flight from start to finish.
So I walked back home, put the battery in the charger, hung the little plane up, and now I am about to have a nice chef salad from the garden for supper. And a cold can of beer, too.

you all stay safe and keep well- Ed