Jammin X1-CRT Review.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bruce, I have An xb8, not my original one however. I have most of the parts to make the helotes kit, however I'm not interested in any type of hub extender truggy, what so ever. They are not competitive with the long arm trucks in my opinion.

Thank you though.

that is sad to here Brandon.

the more i here about this truck the more i don't want it now.

Hpi Hellfire or the Kyosho truck.

hell fire is $600 or so what do you think the Kyosho will cost?

$700 us or $500 US from Japan.

i see you post on the grid about it be the others are making it seem like you are the only one that has this issue.

i hate that it is wear so fast and you have not started the racing season yet.

untchbl said:
Another little update on my rig.

The outdrive wear is pretty bad. I'll be replacing the outdrives with new ones this week.

I raced saturday with the normal club guys. I'm happy with the mugen clutch with 2 1.0's and 1 1.1. Just right for a tad less traction. In practice I managed to break both ears off the rear upper b block. I assume this was due to the dremel work I had done on it to get more sterring throw. I was left no option but to run the A blocks. Truck just didn't turn as well. Wasn't nearly as aggressive. I still managed to TQ by 2 seconds however.

For the main I removed the front sway bar and moved my ackerman to the back position. The truck felt pretty good through warm up. Only to strip the gears in my sterring servo on the first lap.

The truck is torn down currently. I have a crack in one place on the front bumper, and noticed some advanced wear on the ring and pinion as well.

I have an out of town race a week from this saturday. Upon that race I'll make a decision as to weather or not I want to mess with the maintinance of this truck.

It's ashame, because it drives great. I just am used to Xray wear. :D

I tell ya dibbs. It does suck, cause the truck drives really well.

I'm going to give it a bit more a chance, so will see I guess.

Hey Brandon,

The Team Helotes kit has the extended aluminum arms plus the 23mm Hub adapters. Still sounds tempting.

I thought they just used hub extenders????
anyway unless they make the longer CVDs or universals from Hudy steel they will get eaten up quick from teh other parts that are made from it......that stuff is amazing, I think it's like O2 steel or something....it's damn strong whatever it is.....

Hey Untchbl,

How would you rate the X1 CRT for someone like myself that would like to get a better than RTR truck, that only wants to bash and race at the LHS on weekends from time to time? I mean I am not interested in traveling alot to compete. I just don't have the time. Would you recomend the CRT for this type of application? My lhs carries alot of ofna parts and the track is right behind the store. It would take me almost 3 months to burn 2 gallons of fuel, if I could do it that soon. Also you said the .21 is more than enough for this truck. I was talking to my LHS yesterday and he was saying that the new .30 OS is supposed to be great, and it is cheaper than the .21 OS. (My guess is that it is cheaper because the porting is different?) What do you think? Thanks my friend for the great review. Take care.

Tom

Tom, I think the jammin truck and car are both a great first step past the RTR stuff. They are rather easy to setup and very simple to work on.

I personally don't like the OS stuff. .30's or .21's

I think it would be very worth your while to look into a nova rosi .21 like the
p5 or something of that sort. It will last much longer for you.

It is always a huge bonus that your hobby shop keeps ofna parts in stock.

untchbl said:
Tom, I think the jammin truck and car are both a great first step past the RTR stuff. They are rather easy to setup and very simple to work on.

I personally don't like the OS stuff. .30's or .21's

I think it would be very worth your while to look into a nova rosi .21 like the
p5 or something of that sort. It will last much longer for you.

It is always a huge bonus that your hobby shop keeps ofna parts in stock.

I hear ya on the OS stuff. I guess I am looking for a mill I can get cheaper now, and something I am comfortable tuning. The P5 is a great mill but a little on the pricey side. I wanted to spend a bit more cash on the servos and then look to put a better mill in later. I am still not sure how much I will have to spend to even get the CRT on the track as of yet... my guess is well over a thousand dollars. Thanks for the info! I am trying to decided on whether to replace my entry level buggy with a higer end one, or keep the buggy and go truggy. Take care.

Tom

Just hit me up if you have any questions at all Tom.

I'd be glad to help.

Hey,

Is it possible to get into the CRT kit and get on the track for under a $1000.00? I was also looking at the RTR version of the CRT and then just hopping it up. Is this at all possible? Are there major differences between the two versions? Thanks

Tom

Tom I'll crunch some numbers and give you an answer on the dollars tonight.

I think it could be done possibly.

Do you have any high torque metal gear servo's currently?

untchbl said:
Tom I'll crunch some numbers and give you an answer on the dollars tonight.

I think it could be done possibly.

Do you have any high torque metal gear servo's currently?

Currently the only "high Torque" servos I have are two Hitec 645's not high dollar by any stretch of the imagination.

I am leaning towards the CRT.... I just may have to put the money into the truck. I was also thinking of putting in a mill I could afford, and then upgrade later.... What would you recomend I spend the money on.... and what do you recomend... as far as the parts I could skimp on for now? Do you know what I mean? I guess a better way to put it would be, what parts would you spend the money up front on, and what parts I could by cheaper and get a way with now? I hope I am making sense. Thanks again for all the help.

Tom

What are trying to spend?

for $179 u can get the werks B3
Werks B7 for 230

http://cgi.ebay.com/WERKS-COLLARI-21B3-ENGINE-OFNA-MUGEN-BUGGY-SERPENT_W0QQitemZ6028238761QQcategoryZ44028QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

OS RG

NovaRossi Rex R21B/1
http://cgi.ebay.com/NovaRossi-Rex-R21B-1-Off-Road-Engine-w-Large-Head-NIB_W0QQitemZ6028694393QQcategoryZ34062QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Lamberto Collari LC21-b7
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6028407584

NOVAROSSI,TOP T21BF 3

http://cgi.ebay.com/NOVAROSSI-TOP-T21BF-3-PORT-ENGINE-JAMMIN-XRAY-OFNA-RB_W0QQitemZ6027780627QQcategoryZ34063QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

godale03 said:
I hear ya on the OS stuff. I guess I am looking for a mill I can get cheaper now, and something I am comfortable tuning. The P5 is a great mill but a little on the pricey side. I wanted to spend a bit more cash on the servos and then look to put a better mill in later. I am still not sure how much I will have to spend to even get the CRT on the track as of yet... my guess is well over a thousand dollars. Thanks for the info! I am trying to decided on whether to replace my entry level buggy with a higer end one, or keep the buggy and go truggy. Take care.

Tom

I would like to spend no more than $230 bucks. I would like to spend less if I could help it and still get a great mill.

Tom

Tom, I'm going to suggest that you register for the forum over at the tiltyard.com Tell homer (track owner) that I sent you.

I believe an RB s5 can be had for 210 bucks or something like that. It's been awhile since I've priced one through him.

He has the hookup on cheap parts.

Brandon

Bump to the Top, so the Tool ArilliaRacer can read what I have to say about the CRT. He can't find a post if it's about 10 spaces down from the Top.

This past weekend I placed 5th out of 20 and the SpeedRacers Hobby Nitro Explosion. My truck was good. I didn't drive all that well.

Brandon,
I see your running the S5 I was just curious how you liked that motor? I currently only have the Jammin 1/8th pro that I got last year and I have he os vspec in it, I was one of the lucky one's as far as bearings and stuff, I loved the motor and had nothing but great luck with it, never flamed out always ran good as well. I am wanting another motor for it this season and also am planning on getting the jammin truggy. Dont know if i really want to take my chances and get another os or not their were like 4 a my local track and I was the only one that loved it eveyone else had bearing issues. I love HP but i also want it easy to tune and know that when i go to the track it will run. I have raced for 15 years but all that has been electric till just this last year i started running some gas and I'm by far not even close to being and expert on tuning these things still learning. thanks for any help
MIke

Mike, I have owned and used a total of 3 engines in the last two years. Two of which where s5's One has around 7 gallons through it and the other has to have atleast 10 now. Killer engines. Easy to tune, very reliable and tough. They aren't nearly as smooth as the Vspec, and they also don't have anything close to the ass that the v spec does, but they do preform. I will always have one in my pit bag.

I just recently broke in my new JP B5N stocker. I'm hopeing that it's a bit smoother then the RB. I've learned for buggy atleast that smooth is fast.

I think you'll find that a properly tuned S5 will work great in a truggy on most tracks.

I'm also currently looking into the Picco P3 .28 8port for my truggy. I've scene em for as little as 200 bucks and from what I hear they are supposed to be a great motor as well. I can't vouch for them however.

I see you are in Hutch. You probably know Dan Kennedy and the guys up there. They'll be comeing down here the first weekend in April for our first race.

Would love to see you.

Brandon

Yeah I know dan and all the guys real well ran gas with them last season and been running electric all winter with them, I may try and do that I will probably only have my 1/8th running at that time, I have been pricing around all over trying to find the best deal I can on the truggy I have all the stuff i need Just need a truggy and motor. Never drove one of those but they look cool so I'm sure it will be fun. anyhow I will do some checking and see if I can make it there in april. thanks for the info on motors
Mike

Back