Jammin X1-CRT Review.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys. I figured the RB Worlds II would be fine because of the extra power. I see alot of other guys going with the big .26-.30 size motors but if they put out more power than my RB Worlds II, I don't see how they drive it. The RB is a .21 and its a hand full. I understand that the RB is a higher end motor than some of the .26-.30 motors some of the other guys are using. I guess this is why its so fast. It wont cheap.

The only large motor I woudl even consider would the be the nova rosi 528. and the guys that are running those are haveing a tough time with breakage and premature wear.

And you'll be burning about 20% more fuel useing it then a .21

I know this may be asking alot but I still have to ask. Could you give me a quick heads up on the top 3 truggies at this time. The CRT, MSR, and Hot bodies truggy. I'd like to know the good and bad on all 3. And what makes one better than the other. I realize that this is an Opinion thing but I'd still like to know what everyone thinks about these 3 trucks and or any others at this time. Just call it a food for thought thing.

The CRT is at the top if you ask me. Long arms, ideal gearing, parts are easy to get.

The kyosho and Mugen MSR's would have to be second, however I don't like that they use hub extenders and I hate the fact that they where never desinged as a full kit. to me the suspension geometry is off.

The Hotbodies has long arms, but I personally watched a bunch of em break at the nats. one after the other.

So the jammin CRT is really tuff. My jammin buggy is the tuffest thing I own. It rearly brakes anything other than the wing. I've beat it to deth and it just keeps on running. I hope the CRT is as good, cause I like running it not working on it or repairing it due to falty parts or should I say not up to the task parts. After all its a hobby not a job. I've had my share of kits that all I done was work on them. But the 1/8 scale buggies hav been the most fun to date. These things are really sturdy. Don't get me rong I enjoy the build and the "trying to make it faster" part of the hobby but I dont like the " brake something everytime out thing". So I hope the crt is up to the task

So far I haven't had any breakage with my CRT. Seems as if the only weak point is the stays, as you have mentioned.

Went and bought my son and I both one of those Associated rc18B's today. we got them to run on an indoor offroad track that is designed just for the mini size buggies and trucks. This thing is a blast and rocks right out of the box. I hadn't bought myself anything for Christmas yet so I desided on this. I liked it so much I got my son one too. He's 14, We played for 2 1/2 hours today it was great. Not one thing broke. And talk about fast. Handles like a dream. You really ought to check it out its a blast. My LHS is raceing them on Thursday nights. Last week they had 12 rc18B's show up. after all the smack talk this week I just had to get my son and I in the mix. OK I'm through Hi-jacking this thred with this "small talk" but I thought You guys might like to hear it.

My local LHS just got in their first CRT this week. Its just sitting on the shelf looking at me every time I walk in. I really should stay away from there. The good thing is that my wife bought me one of those lil Micro size Blade cx helis for Christmas and that is holdong my interest for the moment.

I get mine in Jan for my B-day and I can't wait. I have a nice Rex P5 to drop in it already....

So Little update on the truck.

I've came rather close to a setup that I really like for the truck. I now have about 2 gallons of runtime on the thing. The plastics seem to be a tad better then normal ofna plastics. However the Diff outdrives have really worn something horrible. Looks more like a kyoshos with about 10 gallons through em.

I have also found that I really don't care for the ofna blue aluminium clutch shoes. Between the horrible wear they have and binding on the flywheel pins, I'm going to have to find something else for the clutch department.

I"m very pleased overall with teh truck however.

untchbl said:
So Little update on the truck.

I've came rather close to a setup that I really like for the truck. I now have about 2 gallons of runtime on the thing. The plastics seem to be a tad better then normal ofna plastics. However the Diff outdrives have really worn something horrible. Looks more like a kyoshos with about 10 gallons through em.

I have also found that I really don't care for the ofna blue aluminium clutch shoes. Between the horrible wear they have and binding on the flywheel pins, I'm going to have to find something else for the clutch department.

I"m very pleased overall with teh truck however.

I had a customer that came in and complained about the same thing on the diff outdrives, and highly recommend using the Kyosho ones as well. On the aluminum clutch, I personally found the Mugen to work very well.

Steve Wang
Maxx Truck
www.maxxtruck.com

Thanks for the input Steve, I had decided on the mugen clutch because it's easy to find, it's inexpensive, and I can use the muge flywheel along with my xray clutches if I choose to run this engine in my buggy. :D

I'm hopeing the 1.0's will work with the regular mugen shoes, cause I hate working with 1.1's. :D

Brandon

oh but the 1.1s give it that ass breaking snap.......love that only when it's NEW tires, fresh groomed clay AND high traction........just drive conditions like that ONLY and you'll love em......

Brandon thank you for letting me drive your truck.

the time i drove it had a lil wash out in the rear end, but like jerald said u man need more steering to make it as one.

but i see you found a better set up on the 1.2.06.

if i can ask what did u do?

i still waiting.

i want to see the HPI Hellfire and the Kyosho 777 truck first before i buy a Jammin.

i hate that drive cups are going bad and the other stuff you told me that day.

so Phil L. has a Jammin too?

what about T-Bone? did he get one yet?

untchbl said:
Thanks for the input Steve, I had decided on the mugen clutch because it's easy to find, it's inexpensive, and I can use the muge flywheel along with my xray clutches if I choose to run this engine in my buggy. :D

I'm hopeing the 1.0's will work with the regular mugen shoes, cause I hate working with 1.1's. :D

Brandon

untchbl said:
The CRT crushes the mugen. It just plain does everything better in my opinion. I have owned both.

The crt can be had for about 600 bucks or while the mugen conversion is about 250 + the cost of a mugen buggy.

Hi Guys,

The price of the CRT has gone down considerably since its release (ex: $549.99 on our website) The new Mugen MBX-5T is the buggy kit (not the pro-spec) with MSR conversion parts included with the buggy parts equivalent removed, and it is still more than the CRT. The LSP is probably the best for its price (at about $439.99) Performance wise, all three trucks are very good, however, I do believe that parts and kits cost, the LSP is the lowest.

Steve Wang
Maxx Truck
www.maxxtruck.com

Dibble, I just played with shock position a little more. Stood the front ones up all the way and layed the back ones down to where I originally had em.

Phil built a 777MSR and T-bone is going to wait a bit longer.

I have some new Diff outdrives for the truck, so will have to see how they work or if they last any better. Kyosho's will fit, so that will be my next fix.

Motorman007 said:
Brandon thank you for letting me drive your truck.

the time i drove it had a lil wash out in the rear end, but like jerald said u man need more steering to make it as one.

but i see you found a better set up on the 1.2.06.

if i can ask what did u do?

i still waiting.

i want to see the HPI Hellfire and the Kyosho 777 truck first before i buy a Jammin.

i hate that drive cups are going bad and the other stuff you told me that day.

so Phil L. has a Jammin too?

what about T-Bone? did he get one yet?

The HPI Hellfire will be in RTR trim, so it might be slightly difficult to compare against the 777T and the CRT. However, locally the HPI guys has been testing the Hellfire and it looks really good in just RTR trim so with a few hop-ups it will be a very capable truck for sure.

Most of the local guys have replaced the Jammin drive cup to Kyosho ones once they worn out. It's a problem I have heard from more than a couple Jammin owners, good thing there's a fix out there though :)

Steve Wang
Maxx Truck
www.maxxtruck.com

Stever, according to all of the jammin team guys, the newer drive cups don't wear as bad.

I have some and will be trying them. More then likley I'll just go to the Kyosho's.

Also, the jammin big bore shock scraper thingies that replaced shock boots are a joke. I have since replaced em with kyosho shock boots. The scrapers just collect dirt in the bottom of em that then rubs on the shock shaft constantly. I've also found that the shock o-ring and composite spacer package (Part#40090) wears terribly fast.

Brandon

untchbl,

Thanks for the updated info. I certainly hope that is the case now with the outdrives. Most of the feedback I've gotten about the outdrive were from racers who purchased the Jammin X1-CR when it first came out, and like you said, they probably corrected the problem by now :)

Steve Wang

Another little update on my rig.

The outdrive wear is pretty bad. I'll be replacing the outdrives with new ones this week.

I raced saturday with the normal club guys. I'm happy with the mugen clutch with 2 1.0's and 1 1.1. Just right for a tad less traction. In practice I managed to break both ears off the rear upper b block. I assume this was due to the dremel work I had done on it to get more sterring throw. I was left no option but to run the A blocks. Truck just didn't turn as well. Wasn't nearly as aggressive. I still managed to TQ by 2 seconds however.

For the main I removed the front sway bar and moved my ackerman to the back position. The truck felt pretty good through warm up. Only to strip the gears in my sterring servo on the first lap.

The truck is torn down currently. I have a crack in one place on the front bumper, and noticed some advanced wear on the ring and pinion as well.

I have an out of town race a week from this saturday. Upon that race I'll make a decision as to weather or not I want to mess with the maintinance of this truck.

It's ashame, because it drives great. I just am used to Xray wear. :D

Back