Is This Too Much To Pay For An Used HPI Savage X 4.6?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good choice. You won't regret it. You'll be really happy with a brand new truck and you won't be frustrated because you got ripped off by a thief on eBay.
That's the lowest seller rating I've ever seen on eBay. I wouldn't even buy a 10 cent pencil from that guy.

is there a way to buy rechargeable battery packs for the truck and the transmitter? if there is where can i get them?

The new 4.6 comes with a rechargable hump pack for the reciever. The transmitter takes 8 AA batteries but you can get the rechargable kind everything else save for the fuel, glow igniter, fuel bottle, and 7.2 pack for the roto start, should be in the box with the truck. The Savy is an awesome truck you won't be disappointed with it at all. There are plenty of guys on here with good useful knowledge if you have any problems with it. Yoy will also need to pick up a charger for the 7.2 battery pack and a charger for the glow igniter and I'm not sure if they include a charger for the hump pack or not. You should be able to get them at your lhs if not there's always ebay or most shops like Tower Hobbies or RC Planet have online ordering.

Last edited:
i found a red cat racing starter kit on ebay is that the way to go?

I wouldn't buy anything that says redcat on it. Team Losi makes a charger specifically for what you need. It charges the ignitor, rx pack and a 7.2 volt pack for the starter. Check it out on their site or find it at a store. Ebay is always a good place to look too.

would a losi starter kit be the way to go?

You need to see what your truck is coming with and list the items. Then we can tell you what you need. For instance, if the truck is comes with an ignitor, but no rechargeable battery or charger, you'll need to get those. Don't even fool with alkalines in your ignitor, especially with a new engine.

thank you for the advice.

can you buy a rechargeable battery pack for the remote?

i found everything i need on ebay for a good price. i can get the fuel at my lhs.

Back