Is This Too Much To Pay For An Used HPI Savage X 4.6?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darryl1980

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
FREE shipping
HPI SAVAGE X 4.6
Please wait
Image not available

* Enlarge

HPI SAVAGE X 4.6
Item condition: Used
Time left: 1 day 12 hours (Jul 30, 201010:10:32 PDT)
Bid history:
14 bids[Refresh bidhistory]
Current bid: US $200.00
Your max bid:
US $
Place bidPlace bid
(Enter US $202.50 or more)

Add to Watch list
Start of panel

* Add to Watch list
* Add to Gift Ideas
* Add to Research
* Add to Wish List

Add to a new list
End of panel

eBay bucks You'll earn $4.00 in eBay Bucks. See conditionsfor eBay Bucks - opens in a new window or tab
Shipping: FREE shipping Other (see description)See more services See shipping discounts | See all shipping details
Estimated delivery time varies.
Returns:
No Returns Accepted
eBay will cover your purchase price plus original shipping.
Learn more about eBay Buyer Protection - opens in a new window or tab

Seller info
Member id outdoorhunter09 ( Feedback Score Of 36Yellow star icon for feedback score in between 10 to 49)

86.7% Positive feedback
Ask a question
Save this seller
See other items from this seller
Other item info
Item number: 270611878186
Item location: Rockaway Park, NY, United States
Ships to: United States
Payments:
PayPal See payment details
Share this itemPrint this item - opens in a new window or tabReport item

Description

Shipping and payments
Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing.
Item specifics
Condition:
Used: An item that has been used previously. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections. See all condition definitions- opens in a new window or tab... Read moreabout the condition
Type: Trucks
Brand: HPI Racing Scale: 1:10
Vehicle Type: RC Truck State of Assembly: Ready-to-Go
Car Type: Off-Road Fuel Source: Nitro

First of all, he's got 86.7% feedback. Huge red flag. Second, he's lying about only having five tanks on it, those tires are worn bad. I've run five tanks on the road in front of my house and the same tires look alot better.

A brand new Savage X 4.6 sells for about $400, so $200 would be a fair price for a used rig, but with what I've already caught on him, I would say no.

He only has 6 feedback as a seller:

"Said he shipped... then no contact never got anything, wont respond, ripped off"

"thank you"

Two of the six are negative, those are the ones I posted. The "thank you" was for a Savage. He never responded to either feedback to rebuke, so I doubt he's making an honest sale.

Anybody else wanna pick this apart? Here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/HPI-SAVAGE-X-4-...pt=Radio_Control_Vehicles&hash=item3f01b9912a

so i shouldnt get it then? i will just keep looking for a different nitro rc truck. i know there is a traxxas t maxx for a decent price but i will keep on looking around.

Always look at the seller's feedback. If it's not 100%, do the research to find out why not, read the feedback posts, and see what the seller did to deserve it, and if the seller tried to remedy the problem.

But no, don't buy that one.

Also. Always assume that when you are buying a nitro powered rc, that you will need to replace the engine. I think I've seen more "5 tanks run" sales than I've ever seen of somebody who says they beat the snot out of it.

Tires and bodies are replaceable items, and the first thing you see in a picture. I could buy a brand new set of tires, and a brand new body, and sell you an rc and tell you I just broke the motor in, but send you an rc with a motor that has seen 10 gallons of fuel.

This feedback was posted in Oct '09

Seller passed away, Item was mailed "next day air" by his brother - THANKS!

If that's true, someone(his brother?) is using his account. I'd pass and keep looking but I wouldn't go for a T-Maxx :)

Comparison tires. The truck in this pic at the time of the pic had about ten tanks on it. Look at the tires on here, vs the tires on the ebay truck.

100_3747.jpg

And Racer, That was probably a bs line told to a buyer to get out of trouble. If it is the brother, that pretty piss-poor to trash your brother's name like that.

what would be a good 1st nitro monster truck for me guys?

that is quite a difference in tire tread. i was looking at a volcano nitro.

Savage is 1/8 scale, Redcat Volcano is 1/10 scale. Before you pull the trigger and buy one though, check with your local hobby shop and see if they carry parts for it. It really sucks to break something and have to wait for it to get shipped, rather than being able to walk into your lhs and grab one off of the shelf.

if my local hobby shop does carry parts for volcano should i buy it?

First of all no don't buy that truck on ebay I never deal with anyone with less than a 99.9% feedback rating. Second if you were to ask me two months ago what would be a good 1st nitro I would've said get a T-MAXX but after buying a used Savage X a couple months ago and tearing it down and going through it theres no comparison. The Savy is a much better truck tough as nails easy to work on not that you have to that much maybe replace the spur gear every now and then and keep an eye on the diffs. Yeah I have way more fun with my Savage the past two months than I have with my T-MAXX the whole year

if my local hobby shop does carry parts for volcano should i buy it?

Your call, unless somebody else wants to throw in an opinion. From what I hear, Redcat is a good brand, but I have no experience with one. Similar to cwal1774, I dropped all of my other nitros when I got my Savage. The Savage has huge support, alot of people have them, so knowledge is vast. Parts are everywhere, there is a ton of aftermarket support, plus HPI makes alot of Hop-ups.

My vote, save your money, go buy a brand new Savage X 4.6, take it home, break it in, and proceed to beat the heck out of it. You won't regret it.

can a guy buy a new savage x 4.6 for a good price as a package deal?

Savage X 4.6 from Tower Hobbies with Easy Pay. Three payments of $138.33, or pay $414.99, which is about what you are going to pay anywhere else, unless you find it on sale at a hobby shop. For that matter, your lhs might have one on the shelf for the same price, without the shipping cost.

what else will i have to buy with the nitro truck to break it in?

i dont have any hpi dealers anywhere close to me.

Fuel, glow plug igniter, small fuel bottle for filling fuel tank, batteries for transmitter and receiver. You'll also need a 7.2v 6-cell stick pack for the Roto starter, and a charger to with it.

Most good hobby shops will carry parts for a wide variety of brands a lot of them will try to push Traxxas but any good reputable shop will carry parts for other brands. I buy most of my stuff off of ebay the closest shop for me is 60 miles away so online shopping is just more convenient for me.

In my case, I have three hobby shops within 30 minutes. Usually I buy from them, but if they have to order it, then I just order it myself. eBay is a great place to get new parts, I just got two ring gears the other day for the price of one including shipping.

i made up my decision i am going to buy a brand new hpi savage x 4.6 looks like a truck that has alot of power and would be alot of fun.

Back