can i use a long plug in a hpi savage x 4.6 big block?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pelicanprentice

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
i have a savage x 4.6 big block and my local hobby store only had the traxxas 3232x glow plug in stock and it seems to be a long glow plug, i thought we usually use normal size like medium sized plugs for a savage x 4.6 but i could be wrong

is that fine to use? it looks a tad longer then my current one but idk if my current was too short or if it was just right aha

i just don't want something bad to happen, i could also just add an extra copper gasket

thx!

it should be. Try the 3232x plug as see how it runs. The length is ok I have run plugs with idle bars on them and they are longer.

Last edited:
it should be. Try the 3232x plug as see how it runs. The length is ok I have run plugs with idle bars on them and they are longer.
great thanks a ton! i recently fired it up and didnt sound like it was hitting the piston. how can i tell if it is?

It's not going to hit the piston. If you take the head off you will see a dome under the head a combustion chamber. There is plenty of clearance. You can use a plug with a idle bar on it.

Last edited:
Back