Is there any aftermarket or stronger piece?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Same part, 4 times. I don't know if I am doing something wrong or Traxxas is. Probably Traxxas. Is there any stronger or aftermarket piece? RPM doesn't make one. It is the lower chassis for the LCG chassis. Broke it when I flipped off the fence.
PXL_20221119_173718797.jpg

You can look around online for an aluminum or carbon fiber one but if you're running in to fences you're eventually gonna break or bend whatever you end up using.

Through-bolted the steering bellcrank when the R1E had CF lower and upper chassis plates. Secured the 4mm bolt with a nylon nut top atop the upper chassis plate. The bolt passed through aluminum tubing having a 5mm o.d. and was slightly longer than the height of the TRX steering bellcrank. That prevented a bind in the bellcrank.

That was a drag racing and speed running mod. Not sure it would stand up to launching off fences, but it worked for my application. Accompanying image is the best I could find to support the above narrative. Hope this helps. Good luck. 'AC'

S6304206_R1E SS17.5T resize.JPG

At only $6 each, why not buy a few of them and flip off something other than a fence with attitude. :p

Went to my LHS and they had one in stock so I got it. I also installed it. I had another bellcrank laying around. It was a atomik rc one from Amazon. So I switched it out to see if it was the bellcrank. The Traxxas one I had in was a little heavy and didn't move freely. This atomik one is a little bit lighter and moves freely. So let's see if I fixed the issue.

Same part, 4 times. I don't know if I am doing something wrong or Traxxas is. Probably Traxxas. Is there any stronger or aftermarket piece? RPM doesn't make one. It is the lower chassis for the LCG chassis. Broke it when I flipped off the fence. View attachment 155804
Odd thought, but, what about finding some aluminum posts the same length and diameter, that are threaded on one end, drill a hole, and screw them to the chassis plate? I would add an aluminum plate underneath the chassis plate so it spreads the load out where the screws go through it as well. It might last a lot longer that way.

Same part, 4 times. I don't know if I am doing something wrong or Traxxas is. Probably Traxxas. Is there any stronger or aftermarket piece? RPM doesn't make one. It is the lower chassis for the LCG chassis. Broke it when I flipped off the fence. View attachment 155804
Are the posts molded into the plate or are they using M3 screws that you snapped off that holds them onto the plate?

If they are molded, drill them out and put some m3 or m4 button heads through the bottom into the posts. I only say button heads because I don't know the thickness of the plate and not sure if using flat heads and countersinking the holes will leave enough material to not just rip them through. button heads are at least rounded and while they will get crammed full of dirt and beat up on concrete, they are less likely to snag on stuff than cap heads.

Back